PDA

Orijinalini görmek için tıklayınız : Hi From Drogheda in Ireland

Sayfa : [1] 2 3

Drogster
08.12.2006, 00:29
Hi all

As some of you guys might know, that a number of Trabzonspor Fans have registered on the Drogheda United Forum in Ireland, mainly for the reason that we share the same colours...Claret n Blue and we have being in regular contact with each other swapping Badges & Scarfs and keeping up to date with how our teams are doing.

So as a means of repaying the compliment some of us have registered on your Forum, so I would like to take this opportunity to say Hi and Thanks on behave of all the Drogheda United Fans.

I believe that Trabzonspor are going through their worst run in the league for many years. Keep the faith in your team and things will hopefully turn around and you will get back to winning ways.

Forever Drogheda United
Forever Trabzonspor
Forever Claret n Blue.
:atki:

Tunga
08.12.2006, 00:42
Thanks Drogster for your wishes and your presence in our forums.

East - west,
Claret & Blue is the best!

Please also visit our topic on Drogheda:

CLICK HERE! (http://forum.bordomavi.net/showthread.php?p=560255#post560255)

Kaya
08.12.2006, 00:50
Hi Drogster.. Welcome.

Nice to see you...

Enjoy the forum.. :atki:

eys_61
08.12.2006, 00:56
Good to see you and other Drogheda fans in bordomavi.net,thanks for your wishes.

Burçak
08.12.2006, 12:33
Welcome Martin http://smilies.sofrayt.com/fsc/thumbs-up.gif

Jo-Ann
08.12.2006, 15:21
Hi there! :) Maybe this side of the forum is better for me too because I am much more comfortable speaking in English.....because I am English! :D

Adem Erdoğan
08.12.2006, 15:26
Thanks Drogster for your wishes and your presence in our forums.

East - west,
Claret & Blue is the best!

Please also visit our topic on Drogheda:

CLICK HERE! (http://forum.bordomavi.net/showthread.php?p=560255#post560255)

eastern----------------clareeeeeeeeeeeeeet
western----------------blueeeeeeeeeeeeeee

dlel
08.12.2006, 19:23
hi all,im also a drogheda fan.keep the faith with your team lads the bad times are only here to help us enjoy the good times more:yattara:

Kaya
08.12.2006, 20:00
hi all,im also a drogheda fan.keep the faith with your team lads the bad times are only here to help us enjoy the good times more:yattara:
Welcome dlel...

Have fun... :atki: :tsatkı: :atki:

Gamze
08.12.2006, 20:01
welcome mates..

brothership of

claret & blue :D:D

:atki: :atki: :atki:

Fatih Ay
08.12.2006, 20:23

welcome robert
your picture is well :alkış:

trabzon and drogheda:tsatkı:

AtalaY_BuğrA
08.12.2006, 21:13

Robert welcome to our forum :)

EmrahYalçınalp
08.12.2006, 22:51
Hi all...
I spent a few days in County Louth because of a symposium and it was a good experience for me to see the same colours that I love with passion on some Irish guys when I took a trip in Drogheda.

Nice to see you here and hope it will be possible to meet up with you somewhere in the future.

You will always be welcomed here by the way...

Drogster
09.12.2006, 14:39
Hi Guys

Just want to wish you good luck for tomorrow's game against Ankaraspor, lets hope its a good result (WIN) for Trabzonspor.

Sing it loud & sing it proud.....Claret & Blue Forever:atki:

Kaya
09.12.2006, 14:50
Hi Guys

Just want to wish you good luck for tomorrow's game against Ankaraspor, lets hope its a good result (WIN) for Trabzonspor.

Thanks a lot Drogster... :atki:

Serhat ŞAHİN
09.12.2006, 19:56
nice 2 c ya'll
welcome to bmn dudes...
and thanx 4 ur wishes..

xenit
09.12.2006, 21:43
Hi guys welcome to our site. I admit that Unfortunatly i havent heard your team till this day. But I ll fallow your team after now. Becouse These colors are (Claret & Blue) the mean of my life...
I am sure you ll cover green Irelend with these colors as we did same thing in our region.

Thx drogstar i hope your wishes ll be true and it ll be a new starting to league for this year.
meanwhile of course we ll loud and sing proudly Claret & Blue forever....

agahozlu
09.12.2006, 22:56
Hi Guys

thanks a lot, Drogster.we can't win at least 7 games.we only take one point
from 21 point.we are very bad.We want to win this game and thanks for your good desires.

dlel
11.12.2006, 00:20
well done on the result today lads

Drogster
11.12.2006, 13:25
3 Goals & 3 points...Let's hope this is the change in luck you needed. Hopefully you can build on this result and but a run of wins together and climb the table.

You must of thought that it was going to be one of those games when Mateus scored with 5 minutes gone for Bursaspor.

Good come back, showed some real character.

May be the Luck of the Irish is rubbing off on you :D

Well done again :alkış:

Drogster
11.12.2006, 13:35
Just wondering guys, does your league take a winter break?

I noticed that your next league game is not untill the 27/01/07 against Kayserispor.

Or do you play in a different tourament before the next league game?

Burçak
11.12.2006, 13:40
welcome Martin ;)
1. period to finish.
but next week we to play Turkish Cup Match.
again same with team.

selokal61
11.12.2006, 15:02
nice to see funs whose life means claret and blue like us....we are glad your kind wishes about our team..

Mollasalihoğlu
11.12.2006, 16:23

murathanerol
11.12.2006, 17:57
Drogheda United??what about it?

Salih61
11.12.2006, 20:02
Welcome Robert and martin

N.Lobby
12.12.2006, 04:44
Hi drog fans. welcome to our well beloved forum I hope you enjoy here...

meanwhile I have a question: your team's crest has 5 corner star and a crescent and particularly they are in a very common configuration for us. I think you know turkish flag. actually that kind of configuration : crescent+star has been the main characteristic of the crests of many turk originated states. where are your symbols and arrangement coming from?

macka61
12.12.2006, 12:25
welcome to bmn forum

Cabri61
12.12.2006, 13:35
welcome martin ,robert and claret-blue brothers

Drogster
12.12.2006, 14:38
Hi drog fans. welcome to our well beloved forum I hope you enjoy here...

meanwhile I have a question: your team's crest has 5 corner star and a crescent and particularly they are in a very common configuration for us. I think you know turkish flag. actually that kind of configuration : crescent+star has been the main characteristic of the crests of many turk originated states. where are your symbols and arrangement coming from?

There are a couple of stories behind the Town Crest

Drogheda did get the Star & Cresent from English King Richard
as a way of enhancing what he thought was the glorious exploits
of the Crusades in Middle East, he swiped the Cresent from the
Ottoman Middle eastern ( incls Turkish Empire ).

And during the great Irish famine the people of Turkey sent grain and meal to the starving people of Drogheda. Drogheda being an active port had trade links with Turkey.

As a sign of gratitude the people of Drogheda adopted the Star & Crescent as the town's symbol. There is a plaque erected in Drogheda to commemorate the gift of food from Turkey

There is a plague on the Westcourt hotel (A hotel in the town center) thanking the people of Turkey.

Hope this answers your question N.Lobby
:yattara:

Salih61
12.12.2006, 18:19
You are the law Drogheda United and Trabzonspor
You are the law Claret and Blue

N.Lobby
13.12.2006, 01:18
There are a couple of stories behind the Town Crest

Drogheda did get the Star & Cresent from English King Richard
as a way of enhancing what he thought was the glorious exploits
of the Crusades in Middle East, he swiped the Cresent from the
Ottoman Middle eastern ( incls Turkish Empire ).

And during the great Irish famine the people of Turkey sent grain and meal to the starving people of Drogheda. Drogheda being an active port had trade links with Turkey.

As a sign of gratitude the people of Drogheda adopted the Star & Crescent as the town's symbol. There is a plaque erected in Drogheda to commemorate the gift of food from Turkey

There is a plague on the Westcourt hotel (A hotel in the town center) thanking the people of Turkey.

Hope this answers your question N.Lobby
:yattara:

thank you drogster. actually I read from wiki the story of Richard I and the relation of star and crescent in your coat of arms. but I did not see any information about swipping from ottomans. and to my knowledge at the time of incident ottomans were not using star and crescent configuration. also the second story about famine is new for me. I did not know that we had such relations. nevertheless I am very happy to share something very special, and also very happy to see that you are virtuous, your people did not forget the favor of my people.

thank you again and welcome to our forum. :)

Sinan SARI
13.12.2006, 23:27
Drogheda United

Vikipedi, özgür ansiklopedi

(http://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drogheda_United#searchInput)

(http://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resim:Nuvola_apps_kate.png)

1919 yılında İrlanda'nın Drogheda kasabasında kurulmuş olan spor kulübüdür.
Yaklaşık bir asır önce Avrupa'da ortaya çıkan kıtlık her yeri etkilediği gibi Britanya'yı da etkisi altına almıştı. Dönemin en çok tüketilen besini olan patates tarlalarının mantar virüsü kapmaları bu sefaletin yaşanmasındaki en büyük etkendi. 5 yıldan fazla süren bu kıtlık döneminde yaklaşık 1 milyon kişi bu dönemde hayatını kaybetti ve 500 binden fazla insan ise Ada'yı terk etmek zorunda kaldı. Yaşanan kıtlığın en çok etkilediği bölgelerden biri de Droghedaydı. Özellikle dönemin Osmanlı Padişahı 1. Abdülmecit, Tanzimat Fermanı'nın ilan edildiği dönemde Ada'ya yardım yapabilmek için 3 Osmanlı gemisini bu bölgeye gönderdi. Ancak İngilizler Osmanlı gemilerinin yanlarında getirdikleri tahıl ve gıda malzemelerini kabul etmeyerek limanlarını kapatmışlardı. Osmanlı gemilerinin getirdikleri tahıl ve gıda maddelerini bırakabilecekleri en uygun yer ise dönemin en işlek ticaret limanı olan "Drogheda Limanı"ydı.
Yapılan yardımlar sayesinde halkın büyük bir sevgisini kazanan Osmanlı'nın anısına şehrin sembolüne Ay-Yıldız verildi. Zaten şu an şehrin merkezinde yapılan yardımlardan ötürü bir anıt bulunuyor. Bunun dışında İrlanda'nın en önemli otellerinden biri olan Westcourt Otel'in içinde de tüm Türk halkına teşekkür ifadeleri içeren bir başka anıt yer alıyor. Bizim için bir başka önemi de elbette 1919 yılında kurulan Drogheda United futbol kulübünün bayrağında Ay-Yıldız'ın yer alması. Hem takıma hem de taraftarlara uzaktan bakıldığında Trabzonspor'u andıran ya da bir başka deyişle bizlere Droghedaspor gibi gözüken İrlanda takımı, 12 takımlı birinci ligde 37 puanla dördüncü sırada yer alıyor. Takımın hocası Paul Doolin ve 23 kişilik kadroda sadece 2 yabancı var. Bunlardan biri 32 yaşındaki Finlandiyalı orta saha oyuncusu Sami Ristila ve 25 yaşındaki forvet oyuncusu Shane Baret.

"http://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drogheda_United (http://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drogheda_United)"'dan alındı

Sinan SARI
13.12.2006, 23:33
I TOOK THAT NİCE STORY FOR THE READ OUR FAN AND KNOW THAT FRİENDS.

BU GÜZEL HİKAYEYİ KENDİ TARAFTARLARIMIZIN OKUMASI VE BU ARKADAŞLARI BİLMESİ İÇİN ALDIM.

CLARET BLUE

BORDO MAVİ

Drogster
15.12.2006, 15:19
Hi Folks

Just want to wish you good luck in your Cup game this weekend. I believe it's against Ankaraspor (again).

Hopefully its a win for Trabzonspor. It would be a good confidence boost to the player in the league.

Çakır
15.12.2006, 15:51
Thanks Drogster! We'll win this match, thank you for your support..
:meşale2:

Forever Trabzonspor!
Forever Drogheda Utd!

Jo-Ann
15.12.2006, 16:54
Yes, good luck to Trabzonspor tonight. I hope the result will be very similar to last Sundays.....with the same scorers..... well, one of them the same anyway! :D

Recep Çaltepe
16.12.2006, 23:16
...And I have a Drogheda United scarf from now on too :D

A friend named "Boynesider" from Drogheda United's forum sent me a parcel and I received them yesterday. I really got excited and happy when I saw the parcel. Let's have a look what Boynesider sent me: ;)

http://img308.imageshack.us/img308/4320/du1mw6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img308.imageshack.us/img308/5892/du2mr1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img287.imageshack.us/img287/7127/du3hv6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img287.imageshack.us/img287/2037/du4ba5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/1181/du5ik4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/2664/du6ma7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Great thanks to "Boynesider" for million times for these nice things :)

Drogster
17.12.2006, 21:00
Hi All

Just read that Trabzonspor won 3 - 0 Yesterday in their Cup game against Ankaraspor, Excellent result 2 in a row.
About time the luck of the Irish finally kicked in :D

It's going to be a long wait until the 27/01/2007 for your next game, especially when Trabzonspor seem to be hitting a bit of good form.

It will be a great confidence boost to the players and with the break the whole team can assess the league, so far, and focus for 2007, bring in a few players during the transfer window, which I believe is now open and hopefully continue the good run and climb the league table in 2007.

Well done again

From all your Claret & Blue Irish Friends.

murathanerol
05.01.2007, 15:47
Today i learned that why drogheda has moon and star on its amblem..About 120 years ago there was a big famine in Ireland and Turkish sultan Abdulhamid sent a ship to help to Irish people in Drogheda..so they like us...we like you too...

Mayls
06.01.2007, 12:06
My english is not very good so sorry when I make mistakes.
I've a question. When starts the Irish league?

Bordooo Maviiiii
Claret Blueeeee

Drogster
06.01.2007, 15:10
My english is not very good so sorry when I make mistakes.
I've a question. When starts the Irish league?

Bordooo Maviiiii
Claret Blueeeee

The League of Ireland, which Drogheda take part in, starts in March to November, as it is a summer league set-up. The fixtures have not been announced yet.

However, Drogheda qualified for the Setanta Cup competition, which is a cross-border competition with the top four teams from the Irish League (Northern Irland), which we won last year, in its second year. Setanta Cup starts the 26th February, were Drogheda (the Holders) play Linfield, who have been the dominant force in the Irish League for the last number of years.

We are also playing our County Louth rivals Dundalk in the Jim Malone Cup, I think is the 20th February.

Drogheda have recently signed some new players, Stuart Byrne, Mikko Vilmunen, Ollie Cahill and Aidan O’Keefe, and the word on the street is that we may sign possibly one or two more. It’s not we have a bad team, just strengthening it in a few areas and releasing a few fringe players.

We are 1:6 to win the league this year, which all the Drogs think is a great bet.

I hope this answers your question Selim55, thanks for asking:yattara:

From your Claret & Blue Friends in Ireland

BDiler61
06.01.2007, 18:43
claret and blue brothership of colours

Mayls
06.01.2007, 19:28
The League of Ireland, which Drogheda take part in, starts in March to November, as it is a summer league set-up. The fixtures have not been announced yet.

However, Drogheda qualified for the Setanta Cup competition, which is a cross-border competition with the top four teams from the Irish League (Northern Irland), which we won last year, in its second year. Setanta Cup starts the 26th February, were Drogheda (the Holders) play Linfield, who have been the dominant force in the Irish League for the last number of years.

We are also playing our County Louth rivals Dundalk in the Jim Malone Cup, I think is the 20th February.

Drogheda have recently signed some new players, Stuart Byrne, Mikko Vilmunen, Ollie Cahill and Aidan O’Keefe, and the word on the street is that we may sign possibly one or two more. It’s not we have a bad team, just strengthening it in a few areas and releasing a few fringe players.

We are 1:6 to win the league this year, which all the Drogs think is a great bet.

I hope this answers your question Selim55, thanks for asking:yattara:

From your Claret & Blue Friends in Ireland

Thanks for the informations :tsbayrak:

cicero9
09.01.2007, 14:13
Hi Drogs, ;)

I have just finishd a story-book about Ireland's Lough Glass. I mean the book of Maeve Binchy's 'Glass Lake'. I feel more and more closer to you while reading it. I thought the region, whole story had taken place, mentioned in the book is very near to the Drogheda.

Anyway, hope you a good season with several goals ahead. :gol:

sheva
09.01.2007, 14:28
Drogster,does Drogheda United belong to Northern Ireland league or the Irish league? Or are they the same :)

Drogster
09.01.2007, 14:49
Drogster,does Drogheda United belong to Northern Ireland league or the Irish league? Or are they the same :)

Drogheda United play in the League of Ireland (Republic of Ireland)

Irish League (Northern Ireland).

The Setanta Cup is a cross-border tournament between the two leagues.

Sorry Sheva for the confusion.

sheva
10.01.2007, 02:05
thank you :)

Çetin
10.01.2007, 20:02
we hope to see you in our country

Engenius
11.01.2007, 18:01
DROGSTER

Every team has a rival that's for sure. Who is your rival? I mean the team you hate most. Now that we ( as Trabzonspor fans ) have a team in Ireland we should know who we hate too. Am I right?

Drogster
11.01.2007, 19:20
DROGSTER

Every team has a rival that's for sure. Who is your rival? I mean the team you hate most. Now that we ( as Trabzonspor fans ) have a team in Ireland we should know who we hate too. Am I right?

Hi Engenius

Since Drogheda and Dundalk (Who are currently in the 1st Division and have been for a number of seasons now & refused entry into the new look premier Division, Which Drogheda are in) are both from County Louth, alot of Drogs would rate them as our rivals (DUNDALK = CR@PTOWN). Dundalk are the third most sucessful team in the League of Ireland, and that pours fuel on the fire!

However, some Drogs hate Shels, Bohs and some Rovers (Mainly the bad supporters, causing trouble).

I'll let you pick a team :)

Thanks for asking :yattara:

Your Claret & Blue friend

caykarali_erdal
12.01.2007, 02:43
Hi Drogster
a question to you is there also mafia practices at your klub and country,
so as at onz in the country.

Drogster
13.01.2007, 12:46
Hi Drogster
a question to you is there also mafia practices at your klub and country,
so as at onz in the country.

No. :confused:

caykarali_erdal
13.01.2007, 16:29
No. :confused:

happy ierland, its like Ira only this for money and no bomb's

every sonday its a bloody sonday in Turkish soccer!!!

Drogster
15.01.2007, 15:13
Hi All

Just reading on UEFA.com that "Veteran Brazilian midfielder Marcelinho has returned to the Bundesliga to sign for VfL Wolfsburg after just six months in Turkey with Trabzonspor".

Will he be a big loss to Trabzonspor?

Any new signings i.e. players in?

When does the transfer window close?

Later

Irish Claret & Blue Warrior

cicero9
15.01.2007, 18:02

Later

Hi SirDrog ;)

For the first, i think, it doesnt seem to be a great loss for the goals of today's Trabzonspor. He may be a good striker or midfielder, but he is not needed for the time being.

Transfer closing on Feb1st.

Our ex-player Erdinç(defender) resigned back.

Later
:meşale1:

Barış
15.01.2007, 18:08
Hi All

Just reading on UEFA.com that "Veteran Brazilian midfielder Marcelinho has returned to the Bundesliga to sign for VfL Wolfsburg after just six months in Turkey with Trabzonspor".

Later

Our coach doesn t need an attacking midfielder,Marcelinho or another one..

He needs strong,speedy and ordinary defensive midfielders.

We couldn t score for 5 weeks,but he says we don t have offensive problems.

No comment..

hay1699
15.01.2007, 18:42
Our coach doesn t need an attacking midfielder,Marcelinho or another one..

He needs strong,speedy and ordinary defensive midfielders.

We couldn t score for 5 weeks,but he says we don t have offensive problems.

No comment..

you are right, but marcelinho was not so influential; with return of Yattara our attacking block will gain strenght again, ı think.

Erdem Keser
15.01.2007, 23:53
i am from turkey i am nineteen years old i am sitting in istanbul

xenit
17.01.2007, 10:17
Hi All

It is not a big loss for us. ıf you Know Marcelinho you already know that he has a remarkable background in BundesLiga. He had showed his magician talents about 5 years at Herta Berlin. We hoped that he ll rise our power. But unfortunatly we saw just an old star who lost its lighting and just has its old reputation..
So We (at least me) are glad to sold this old repuatation to Wolfsburg about 2,3 Milion Euros.

I hope we ll make new transfers.. We are going to buy Risp And Ayman from Genclerbirligi (from Turkish first league). They are 2 midfielder. But i dont think they ll help us so much.. We have been an attacking team in all our history.. Our silly coach and Adminastrator board are dragging us to bottom of league..

But claret&Blue ll rise and ll be Top always.. in everywhere..

Drogster
17.01.2007, 11:28
It is not a big loss for us. ıf you Know Marcelinho you already know that he has a remarkable background in BundesLiga. He had showed his magician talents about 5 years at Herta Berlin. We hoped that he ll rise our power. But unfortunatly we saw just an old star who lost its lighting and just has its old reputation..
So We (at least me) are glad to sold this old repuatation to Wolfsburg about 2,3 Milion Euros.

I hope we ll make new transfers.. We are going to buy Risp And Ayman from Genclerbirligi (from Turkish first league). They are 2 midfielder. But i dont think they ll help us so much.. We have been an attacking team in all our history.. Our silly coach and Adminastrator board are dragging us to bottom of league..

But claret&Blue ll rise and ll be Top always.. in everywhere..

Xenit
Chatting to one of your colleagues, it seems to be the “off the field personnel” that need to be replaced, such as the president?

It seems that you share this view.

Do you think the Coach/Manager is just not suitable for the job, or is it that he is trying to change the way Trabzonspor play football, more defence rather then Trabzonspor attacking football?

Later

xenit
17.01.2007, 13:35
Xenit
Chatting to one of your colleagues, it seems to be the “off the field personnel” that need to be replaced, such as the president?

It seems that you share this view.

Do you think the Coach/Manager is just not suitable for the job, or is it that he is trying to change the way Trabzonspor play football, more defence rather then Trabzonspor attacking football?

Later

My dear Colormate friend,

We had been unhappy and not satisfied becouse of being 2nd or 3rd in turkish premier league before this president and management board came to Trabzonspor. So we wanted more powerfull and rich president to save our rights against Istanbul teams and their federation, referes, meida...

But we dissappointed (not me..I ve never wanted them...) They sold our unique Scorer (King Fatih Tekke) to Russia... and just have bought untalent ordinary players who cant bear identifation of Trabzonspor... And this was the starting of our collapse. But not only All problem are these now.. They brought a brasilian Coach who have never trained a team more than 2 months in his career.. So that...Becous of our insitance he came back to Brasil (with largly compensation money)

then we introduced with Ziya Dogan again.. He trained trabzonspor and had won a few matches... He is bald man (with physically and mentalty) and very cowardly person. He wants to play with 8 defender and just dpnt want to rival team score.. Maybe it is a good idea but watching 80 minutes rival team play football on our semifield.. He doesnt like talent players.. If a player cant play in defense (even if scorer) he cant play in his team..

So we (fans) just teas with them.. But president and coach are very shameless.. they are still speaking about good days which ll bring us..
But so many fans dont believe them any more. We think big trabzonspor ll come back with real Trabzon lovers who just think to attack to rival team and struggle against unjustic Istanbul federations...

I just wanted to say them to my colormate.. We are crying and spitting blood... but no one cant hear us... Maybe you can understand us my colormate.......

forever claret and blue..........

Drogster
17.01.2007, 14:13
My dear Colormate friend,

We had been unhappy and not satisfied becouse of being 2nd or 3rd in turkish premier league before this president and management board came to Trabzonspor. So we wanted more powerfull and rich president to save our rights against Istanbul teams and their federation, referes, meida...

But we dissappointed (not me..I ve never wanted them...) They sold our unique Scorer (King Fatih Tekke) to Russia... and just have bought untalent ordinary players who cant bear identifation of Trabzonspor... And this was the starting of our collapse. But not only All problem are these now.. They brought a brasilian Coach who have never trained a team more than 2 months in his career.. So that...Becous of our insitance he came back to Brasil (with largly compensation money)

then we introduced with Ziya Dogan again.. He trained trabzonspor and had won a few matches... He is bald man (with physically and mentalty) and very cowardly person. He wants to play with 8 defender and just dpnt want to rival team score.. Maybe it is a good idea but watching 80 minutes rival team play football on our semifield.. He doesnt like talent players.. If a player cant play in defense (even if scorer) he cant play in his team..

So we (fans) just teas with them.. But president and coach are very shameless.. they are still speaking about good days which ll bring us..
But so many fans dont believe them any more. We think big trabzonspor ll come back with real Trabzon lovers who just think to attack to rival team and struggle against unjustic Istanbul federations...

I just wanted to say them to my colormate.. We are crying and spitting blood... but no one cant hear us... Maybe you can understand us my colormate.......

forever claret and blue..........

Xenit

As a football fan and a Drog supporter for many a year, when Drogheda United were known as the YO-YO team, i.e. relegated then promoted only to be relegated the following season between divisions, I can feel your dejection , frustration and anguish towards the “POWERS IN BE” .

All I can say is, keep the faith in your team, keep the faith in the Claret & Blue.
:tsbayrak:
Later

xenit
17.01.2007, 14:24
Xenit

As a football fan and a Drog supporter for many a year, when Drogheda United were known as the YO-YO team, i.e. relegated then promoted only to be relegated the following season between divisions, I can feel your dejection , frustration and anguish towards the “POWERS IN BE” .

All I can say is, keep the faith in your team, keep the faith in the Claret & Blue.
Later

Thanx my friend for all your encouraging and hopefull words...

Hold! Claret and blue flags at top and let to wave it forever in Ireland too......

Drogster
17.01.2007, 17:25
Thanx my friend for all your encouraging and hopefull words...

Hold! Claret and blue flags at top and let to wave it forever in Ireland too......

Xenit

You're very welcome.

Chin up guys, before the break, Trabzonspor won two game on the bounce (in a row), good for moral. Yes I know you expect more, but it is a starting point and hopefully you will go on a good run of victories and climb the table.

We (Drog Fans) need Trabz to qualify for UEFA Cup so that we can meet up and have a Claret & Blue Party!:D

Later

Jo-Ann
17.01.2007, 17:56
I get a feeling that Trabzonspor will be much better in the 2nd half of the season. Let's hope :ts:

Murat'
17.01.2007, 18:01
we hope this........

dlel
17.01.2007, 21:18
hi everyone,when does your league return for the second half of the season

Erkin
17.01.2007, 21:26
Hi dlel.. There are Fortis Turkish Cup matches in this weekend.. Next week the second half of the season going to start..

Salih61
19.01.2007, 12:14
Xenit

You're very welcome.

Chin up guys, before the break, Trabzonspor won two game on the bounce (in a row), good for moral. Yes I know you expect more, but it is a starting point and hopefully you will go on a good run of victories and climb the table.

We (Drog Fans) need Trabz to qualify for UEFA Cup so that we can meet up and have a Claret & Blue Party!:D

Later
:atki:Drogster what is fans address?

Drogster
19.01.2007, 12:25
Drogster what is fans address?

Hi Folks

I see Trabzonspor have signed Egyptian midfielder Ayman Abdelaziz and Swedish defender Fredrik Risp from Ankara club Gençlerbirliği SK on two-and-a-half-year contracts.

Do you think they are a benefit to your team?

FORZA61 asked "what is fans address".

The best way to contact Drog Fans at the moment is by the Fourm at http://www.irishfootienetwork.com/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=782c12f93425e6e74297672d328a9cc8

The official website is due a make-over soon!

Later

Say it loud & Say it PROUD.......Claret & Blue FOREVER.

:atki::atki::atki::atki::atki::atki::atki::atki:

Çakır
19.01.2007, 12:46
They are good transfers, Drogster... I think, especially Fredrik Risp will be very useful for our team. We will form a good defence wall if Milan Stepanov and Fredrik Risp plays together at the center...

Jo-Ann
19.01.2007, 13:24
I am worried by the transfer in that Çağdaş might be pushed out of the team? :(

Çakır
19.01.2007, 14:22
I do not think so. If Çağdaş plays well and keeps his form at the top, he can not be forced out of the team. He will just need to work better, this is for sure. He has a good rival for his position now ;)

Salih61
19.01.2007, 14:28
Hi Folks

I see Trabzonspor have signed Egyptian midfielder Ayman Abdelaziz and Swedish defender Fredrik Risp from Ankara club Gençlerbirliği SK on two-and-a-half-year contracts.

Do you think they are a benefit to your team?

FORZA61 asked "what is fans address".

The best way to contact Drog Fans at the moment is by the Fourm at http://www.irishfootienetwork.com/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=782c12f93425e6e74297672d328a9cc8

The official website is due a make-over soon!

Later

Say it loud & Say it PROUD.......Claret & Blue FOREVER.

:atki::atki::atki::atki::atki::atki::atki::atki:
Thank you Drogster,

You is Private open one website necessary or Bordomavi.net your is apart be opened one page

What do you say???

Jo-Ann
19.01.2007, 14:44
I do not think so. If Çağdaş plays well and keeps his form at the top, he can not be forced out of the team. He will just need to work better, this is for sure. He has a good rival for his position now ;)

Well, as he says, he is strong, has a good physique for defending so he should be okay :D Inşallah!

dlel
22.01.2007, 12:59
well done on the result yeasterday hopefully the start of a good second half of the season:tsbayrak:

Drogster
24.01.2007, 17:16
Hi Folks

I was Chatting to one of your colleagues about our two friendly matches that Drogheda are playing against FC Sibir Novosibirsk and FC Zenit St Petersburg Mid-Feb while the team are in Spain traning for the new season.

He was saying that we will come up against a fromer Trabz player Fatih tekke, who now plays for Zenit. He was apparently known as the king of goals in Turkey last season.

Sounds like good warm-up game for the Euro trip 2007.

I will pass on a message not to kick tekke to hard;) Joke!

Best of luck for the Kayserispor match on Sunday (28th), the start of the second period, let hope it's a good one...WIN...WIN...WIN
Drogheda await Trabz in the UEFA Cup ;)

COME ON THE CLARET & BLUE
:atki::atki::atki::atki:

61-POWER-2
24.01.2007, 19:05
welcome irish boys,i am trabzonspor and drogheda united supporter.i miss irish coffee and guinness here in turkey.and good luck for your team.

Recep Çaltepe
28.01.2007, 22:53
Hi Folks

I was Chatting to one of your colleagues about our two friendly matches that Drogheda are playing against FC Sibir Novosibirsk and FC Zenit St Petersburg Mid-Feb while the team are in Spain traning for the new season.

He was saying that we will come up against a fromer Trabz player Fatih tekke, who now plays for Zenit. He was apparently known as the king of goals in Turkey last season.

Hi Martin,

Your match against FC Zenit, it seems that this match will be waited excitedly by Trabzonspor fans. May be you have seen in this forum that there is also a topic of FC Zenit because of our legendary forward Fatih Tekke moved to FC Zenit at the beginning of the season. This season we have two brother teams in Europe, one of them is you and the other is FC Zenit. We have also nice friends from FC Zenit, writing on this forum.

It will be a great match between Drogheda United and FC Zenit. I think Fatih Tekke will be very confused to play against a team with Claret & Blue :D

-----

Sing it LOUD&Sing it PROUD

dlel
29.01.2007, 17:46
hi all?was there a game yesterday?if so how did trabz do???
:atki::tsatkı:

Erman
29.01.2007, 17:54
hi all?was there a game yesterday?if so how did trabz do???
:atki::tsatkı:

Yesterday we played against Kayserispor, an upper-middle rank team. It was a draw: 0-0. We didn't play well, especially in the first half. The opponent missed some chances and a penalty.

The midfield and the forward are alarming, yet, I'm not sure whether our coach watches what's happening outside our half of the pitch!

Still...

xenit
29.01.2007, 18:49
Hi Folks

Fatih tekke is still our King in our hearts.. If you have such a chance to watch him.. You are lucky people ... we are waiting him come back....

Drogster
31.01.2007, 16:32
Hi All

Just want to wish the best of luck to you all & team in the Cup game tonight against Gaziantepspor. It looks like it going to be a close game not much between the teams in the league table!

Best of luck

WIN WIN WIN

SING IT LOUD & SING IT PROUD :tsbayrak:

xenit
01.02.2007, 16:27
Hi All

Just want to wish the best of luck to you all & team in the Cup game tonight against Gaziantepspor. It looks like it going to be a close game not much between the teams in the league table!

Trabzonspor can never to be compared with else team by looking present league table...

Gaziantep is not close to Trabzonspor from any angle...
We won the match 1-0.. We are just in our bad season...

U.Sadıkoğlu
02.02.2007, 11:43
We Are The BeSt!!!

Drogster
02.02.2007, 16:12
Hi All

Best of luck to Trabzonspor in this weekends game against Manisaspor.

You had a good result during the week in the Cup game, so hopefully you can follow it up with another win tomorrow night.

I heard that is Ibrahima Yattara is so cool, he even made it snow for the cup game :)

Best of Luck again

Burçak
02.02.2007, 16:24
Thanks You Martin ;)

Forever Claret & Blue

Drogster
02.02.2007, 17:09
Thanks You Martin ;)

Forever Claret & Blue

Don't forget the Drog Scarf & your gangs' balaclavas are getting noticed in Drogheda....:p

Any chance of getting one?:D

Best of luck guys

Later

cicero9
02.02.2007, 22:56
Thanks so much Martin for the match informations ;)

We're ashamed of not being able to watch your drogheda's matches as much as you do for us! :)

Go Claret&Blue

Drogster
07.02.2007, 15:27
Hi Folks

I read that it was a 0:0 draw with Manisaspor at the weekend. 1 point is better then 0 points! :o

Best of luck against Gaziantepspor on Sunday. :tsbayrak:

Hopefully the front guys will start hitting the back of the net...Sooner rather then later and Trabzonspor start climbing the table!

Keep the Faith

Halit Aydın
07.02.2007, 21:33
Drogster, Do you know Ziya Doğan?:)
i think you know, his is the most famous about the mantality (in Turkish Mantalite:D) What a mantality:D everytime 0-0 no goal no goal...

Drogster
09.02.2007, 21:45
Drogster, Do you know Ziya Doğan?:)
i think you know, his is the most famous about the mantality (in Turkish Mantalite:D) What a mantality:D everytime 0-0 no goal no goal...

Hi halitaydin61,

Chatting to some of your Trabzonspor colleagues, Ziya Doğan seems to be a more defensive coach, which I believe, is against all Trabzonspor tradition, i.e. attacking football.

I also see that the new players in the team are contributing well.

Best of Luck on Sunday, hopefully we will see a win & 3pts

From all the Claret & Blue family in Drogheda :yattara:

:tsbayrak::tsbayrak:

Drogster
11.02.2007, 20:49
GOOD Evening all,

Just read that Trabzonspor won 2:0 earlier today, both goals scored by Ceyhun Eris. :tsbayrak:

What was Trabz performance like.... Did the coach finally let the team play attacking football?

Good result, :dansmuz:up to 11th in the table. Lets hope is the start of a good run of victories.:yattara:

Well done again guys :alkış:
Later

cicero9
11.02.2007, 23:06
GOOD Evening all,

Just read that Trabzonspor won 2:0 earlier today, both goals scored by Ceyhun Eris. :tsbayrak:

What was Trabz performance like.... Did the coach finally let the team play attacking football?

Thanks, Martin!

Ceyhun scored two goals with his own flair, especially the second one. In the first, he added the kick hitting back from the keeper.

In short, the 3 points was very important for us. This win will give some smile on the face of our native supportes, at least.

One more thing, according to me, we've fond our needed goalkeeper in the end. It is Tolga! If the team, media and supporters does dare him do better, he will be our Iker Casillas in the future.

We also wait for matches of your Drogguys and good scores from them.

Go claret&blue

:tsatkı: :atki: :tsatkı:

attagümüshane
13.02.2007, 01:52
ı learned a phrase from my friend who is from england; "different day..same xxxx!!"..ı suppose,this sentence summerizes our state.
ı think, T.S lives worst times in its history..bad but real..we must see this real and don't believe a victory..our team must struggle and work. we need stability..

Drogster
16.02.2007, 20:54
Evening Folks

Just a quick note, to let you know that the Drogs were playing F.C. Zenit (Your legendary friend Fatih Tekke team & ex-Trabzonspor), earlier today, in Spain.

The score was 0:0, So Fatih must have been confused trying to score against the Claret & Blue :D, See match report below.

http://www.droghedaunited.ie/scripts/Article.asp?ArticleID=941

Positive signs, only disappointing thing is that Drogheda have not scored in the two pre-season games, they played in Spain.

They were bet 2:0 to Russian 1st division side FC Sibir Novosibirsk (Monday). They scored a penalty on 80mins & a second on the break as Drogheda push forward to get a equaliser.

Hopefully, not scoring goals is not a sign of things to come, for the season ahead!

The next game we play is against our old rivals Dundalk or (Cr@ptown) in the Jim Malone Cup (Tuesday 20th at 19:45hrs), which is an annual pre-season friendly NOT, between the 2 County Louth teams, Should be good target practice. However, our rivalry has been divided over the last number of seasons, as Dundalk have been playing in the 1st Division (were they belong i.e the graveyard), but is was an easy 9pts per season, when they were playing the Premier Division.

Take care

From your Claret & Blue Brothers in Drogheda.

cicero9
16.02.2007, 22:35
It is said that your Paul Doolin was delighted with the general attitude and commitment.
Good luck in your coming season!
I hope you finish with a championship victory!

cicero9
16.02.2007, 22:43
Hi Martin,

I have a quesiton about your team. One piece of casual gear with black 'Che Guevera' design has confused my mind because it's so rare here to see a football team reminding or recalling a politic hero.

He's really a hero for his ideal, but actual thing I want to ask is: is there any relation between your clup sight and Che's or it's only a way of your yelling for independence??

"Go Bordo Mavi"

:tsatkı: :tsatkı:

Drogster
17.02.2007, 00:02
Hi Martin,

I have a quesiton about your team. One piece of casual gear with black 'Che Guevera' design has confused my mind because it's so rare here to see a football team reminding or recalling a politic hero.

He's really a hero for his ideal, but actual thing I want to ask is: is there any relation between your clup sight and Che's or it's only a way of your yelling for independence??

"Go Bordo Mavi"

:tsatkı: :tsatkı:
Hi cicero9

One of the guys was over in Marbella at the Drog v Zenit match.
Apparently, from the guys report, Fatih was a ghost during the game. The Drog players were well aware of his potential threat, but it never appeared during the match! Maybe he just had an off-day!

On the 'Che Guevera' subject, I have to check it out for you, I'm not 100% sure.

Later

Recep Çaltepe
17.02.2007, 00:39
Hi Martin,

Thank you sincerely for the informations about today's game. 0-0 is good score for us :D it seems that it is really a friendly match. :) And as I say before it caused a problem for Fatih Tekke to score against Claret&Blue :D .

As you say you have problems with scoring. I think you will solve this problem and start scoring ;)

Finally I want to wish you best of luck at your game against Dundalk. It seems that it will be an easy game for you against a lower league team :D

Keep the Faith ;)

Drogster
18.02.2007, 15:13
Afternoon All,

Just want to wish Trabzonspor good luck in their game against Denizlispor today.

Another Win, hopefully, and a couple of goals! Just keep moving on up that table.

Later

U.Sadıkoğlu
18.02.2007, 15:34
Claretttttttttt
blueeeeeeeeeeee
:D:D

Drogster
18.02.2007, 21:58
Well good evening all,

Just read Trabzonspor won 4:3 today against Denizlispor, and with goals from Bulut 12, 48, 88, Yavuz 30. Excellent Result:dansmuz:. & up 10th in the table....moving on up :D

Trabzonspor's defense leaked a few goals, but once you score one more goal the opposition, it's the result that matters.

Well done again folks. :yattara:

Is the second leg of Trabzonspor Cup game on this week?

Later
Claret & Blue Warriors!

Erman
20.02.2007, 22:04
Hey there,

Nope. We play against Besiktas this week. You guys were planning to come to this match, weren't you? What about that?

Drogster
21.02.2007, 02:07
Hi All

Just a quick note to let you know that Drogheda won the local derby 2:1 against our local rivals Dundalk.

The weather conditions were wet to say the least, Very heavy rain started at about 6:30 until Half time. As a result, it took the Drogs about 10 minutes to get into the game.

Mid-field started to click and started to cause the Dundalk defense problems.

Tony Grant scored the Drogs 1st goal by rounding the keeper and easily passing the ball into the net. 1up.

The 2nd goal was scored by Stephen Bradley, great finish. After hitting his first shot into a defender, on the volley he hit a looping lob over the keeper from about 20 yards out.

Our keeper Dan Connor, had to pull off a great save to his lower left-hand corner, half way through the half. But that was the only real bit of trouble they caused us.

At half time the Manager, Paul Doolin, made many changes and we lost a bit of the spark. We were cruising. However, Dundalk made a break and resulted in a penalty being awarded, which they scored from. The penalty was dubious.

Anyway, we had a few more chances during the second half but no goals. One of our forwards looked lazy & uninterested. There is plenty of competition up front, so if he does not improve, he will only be a fringe player. I'm not one of his biggest fans.

So 2:1 it finished & the Jim Malone Cup is ours for another year.

Next we play Linfield, in the Setanta Cup (Cross-border competition) on Monday Night. It's going to be a tough game, both hopefully we will come out on top with 3pts.

Unfortunately, I won't be at the game, as I'm going into Hospital on Monday for a Hip replacement operation, so I 'll be out of order for a while.

I will try to keep you updated on the Drogs progress.

Take care

From Your Claret & Blue Friends in Drogheda

Match report (Drogs Website) below
http://www.droghedaunited.ie/scripts/Article.asp?ArticleID=947

Drogster
22.02.2007, 14:56
Hi Folks

Just in case I don't get a chance, Best of luck to Trabzonspor against Beşiktaş this weekend.

Should be a good game. Beşiktaş are doing well in 3rd place in the table. I know Trabzonspor are underachieving this season and are capable of much better results, but hopefully the recent wins of late will spur them on and lift the team/players convenience and spirit.

Here's hoping for another Win & 3pts. :yattara:

Come on the Claret & Blue

Tunga
22.02.2007, 15:13
Hi All

Just a quick note to let you know that Drogheda won the local derby 2:1 against our local rivals Dundalk.

So 2:1 it finished & the Jim Malone Cup is ours for another year.

Unfortunately, I won't be at the game, as I'm going into Hospital on Monday for a Hip replacement operation, so I 'll be out of order for a while.

I will try to keep you updated on the Drogs progress.

Take care

From Your Claret & Blue Friends in Drogheda

First of all congratulations on your derby win against Dundalk. :alkış:

http://www.droghedaunited.ie/articles/517/JimMalone07.jpg

I hope you'll get well soon.

Lots of love from the Northeast Turkiye, to Pride of The Northeast "Drogheda".

:meşale2: :tsatkı: :meşale2:

tsmusampa61
22.02.2007, 23:42
he looks like hüseyin çimsir. what a smilarity!

Barış
23.02.2007, 00:03
he looks like hüseyin çimsir. what a smilarity!

:D :D :D lol :D

Drogster
25.02.2007, 02:09
Hi All
Just saw that Trabzonspor had a great come back to win this evening against Beşiktaş. :dansmuz:

3 goals in 7mins in the second half, after been down by 2 in the first.
Martin (good name ;)) 53, Bulut 55, 60 scoring :D.

8th in the table & climbing...may it long continue!!!

The come back, shows real team spirit.

What do you think the main difference is in your team, over recent weeks leading to the run of victories, besides the obvious i.e. scoring more goals then the other team :p.
Are the forwards now putting the chances away and or is the coaches tactics changing (for the better i.e. attacking football)?

Well done again guys :alkış:

Later
From all the Claret & Blue Brothers (& sisters) in Drogheda

cicero9
25.02.2007, 02:19
Hi All
Just saw that Trabzonspor had a great come back to win this evening against Beşiktaş. :dansmuz:

Thanks. You know what have changed. 3 new transfers and their real benefits. I think there was also a real enthusiaism in the second half. Coach or one of our technical staff, in the break, really should have influenced them to go better in the second half.

Wish also best luck to the your claret&blue

dlel
26.02.2007, 18:14
well done in the big win at the weekend the only way is up:tsbayrak:

dlel
27.02.2007, 22:51
hi lads,

last night we played our first competitive game of the new season at home to linfield from the northern irish league,in the setanta cup.sadly we lost one nil.when linfield scored after thirty minutes they were happy to defend and we had plenty of chances to score but couldnt.

it really showed that it was our first game and that gave linfield an advantage as they play their season from september to may,but i seen enough to be very hopeful for this year.i also brought my trabzon scarf along heres a picture

Recep Çaltepe
27.02.2007, 22:56
Hey what a nice thing to see "Trabzonspor" name in Ireland.

Well I have got also a Drogheda United scarf and I will bring to the first match that I will watch at stadium and will put the photo ;)

Thank you sincerely dlel :)

Salih61
28.02.2007, 14:20
Trabzonspor Fans picture

Salih61
28.02.2007, 14:36
:meşale1: :meşale1: :meşale1: The Flare Show

dlel
28.02.2007, 18:21
lads whats the writing on the massive banner behind the fans and how long does it take to hang up??

Emrah Ayar
01.03.2007, 03:49
lads whats the writing on the massive banner behind the fans and how long does it take to hang up??

the writing on the massive banner behind the fans:

"Cihan Padişahı Kanuni Sultan Süleyman'ın Abisi,
Beşiktaş'ın Velisi Hoşgörü Abidesi,
Yahya Efendinin Vatanı Trabzon'a Hoşgeldiniz."

*****here is the translation:

"Welcome to Trabzon which is the home of 'Yahya Efendi(Sir or Master maybe)' who is the Saint(muslim) of Beşiktaş, a monument of tolerance and the elder brother of 'Süleyman The Magnificent, the Lowmaker and the Sultan Of The Universe'."

and i'm not sure how long it takes to hang up.maybe half an hour.

Drogster
03.03.2007, 13:30
Hi Folks

Well it's Konyaspor, tomorrow, to feel clout of the improving Trabzonspor, with an another win & 3pts up on the board.:D

Have Trabz any injuries or suspensions to worry about, i.e. has the coach has a full squad to select from?

Best of luck in the game.

From this side of Europe, has one of my colleagues posted, Drogheda played in their 1st competitive match of the year against Linfeild in the Setanta Cup and unfortunately the Drogs were beaten 1:0.

We didn't really show up for the 1st half, but following a talking to by the Manager, we saw a very different team and a much improved performance in the 2nd half.

With in 5 minutes in the 1st half, one of our forwards/wingers (Shane Barrett) was carried of the pitch after a strong challenge. And the latest news is that he maybe out for 1 year or it could be the end of this career. Big lost at the start of the season. This has been the 3rd time that he has been taken out of a game against Linfeild, last year when we played them in Windsor Park (Setanta) and the season before that when he played for his previous team, Longford Town, in the same competition. The coach must singled him out as the main threat.

Anyway, we had a penalty shout waved away, hit the bar, their keeper made a couple of very good saves and we had an number of very close chances, but no goals. If we had score one, we could gone on to win by 3 or 4 goals. But it was not to be.

It was a good kick in the rear for the players and may have been a good thing in the long run,it may help the player to focus on the season ahead.

Before the match a number of Drogs supporter met up with some Linfield fans for food & drinks in return of their hospitality last year.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w29/RoboDrog/DrogsvLinfield260207SupportersPhoto.jpg

Drogheda were due to play a friendly match last night against Newry City, but due to heavy rain on Thursday night and Friday morning, it was called off.

Our next game is on Friday 9th against Bohs (away), who are tipped along with Drogheda, Cork & Derry to win the league and marks the start of the new league season....I can't wait!!!!!!!

So as always....Sing it LOUD & Sing it PROUD....CLARET & BLUE FOREVER:tsbayrak::tsbayrak:
Take care & best of luck tomorrow.
:atki::atki::atki:

Emrah Ayar
03.03.2007, 16:14
hi Drogster,

From all you said , i see that you had a very unlucky day for that match. One injuried player , missed penalty shootout, good game and no goals. As you said ,in such these games you have to score a goal to get it done. But you dont need to worry about the future. Maybe the good does not always win but surely it wins in the hearts of everyone.

For Konyaspor, it will really be a hard game for us. As i know only Hüseyin's not gonna play in the match as he got four yellows in previous matches and to me we're closer to win than Konyaspor is. Both sides will score goals but we will score more.

best of luck in your next match.

Salih61
04.03.2007, 17:15
Konyaspor:1 Trabzonspor:2
Goals:Ferhat and Gökdeniz

Drogster
04.03.2007, 20:15
Evening all

Great to see another 3pts on the board for Trabzonspor, Great win today against Konyaspor. :alkış:

:dansmuz::tsbayrak::tsbayrak::tsbayrak::dansmuz:

Well done guys

bodozlama
04.03.2007, 22:17
Evening all

Great to see another 3pts on the board for Trabzonspor, Great win today against Konyaspor. :alkış:

:dansmuz::tsbayrak::tsbayrak::tsbayrak::dansmuz:

Well done guys

thanks drogster.Next week,we have another big match against Galatasaray.If we can take 3 point in istanbul,I hope we can also get the visa of Champions League.

A love story about claret&blue

dlel
05.03.2007, 19:29
nice to see trabzonspor moving on up.do gala still play in the ali sami yen or have they moved to the ataturk?i also follow liverpool and really like the ataturk:alkış: for the 2005 final but this years game seemed lost in such a big stadium.good luck for the weekend

bodozlama
05.03.2007, 20:10
Hi Dlel,
Gala plays in sami yen.They had played only for 1 year in ataturk before moved back to sami yen due to farness and coldness of olimpic stadium.i remember 2005,it was a nice day because i was supporting liverpoll too:)

Also last weekend liverpool(and fucking referee) made me sad twice.Because i support both chealsea and liverpool in premier league:(

a love story about claret&blue

Salih61
06.03.2007, 19:33
Trabzonspor-Barcelona...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i09wbH3bINo

Salih61
06.03.2007, 19:36
Trabzonspor-Lyon...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdNYLK71cYw

Salih61
06.03.2007, 19:43
Trabzonspor-Aston Villa...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj2syhwx-ME

Drogster
09.03.2007, 13:20
Hi All

It's here. The start of the Eircom premier League 2007 season kicks of tonight, LIVE on Irish tv. at www.rte.ie/sport/soccer (http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer). With Bohs v Drogs.

Drogheda start of by playing away to Bohs (Dublin), who the pundits reckon will be up their fighting for the title, along with Cork, Derry and St. Pat's & the Drogs.

It will be a good, hard game but we should have enough to get the win, 0:2 to the Drogs. Bohs have a new manager, who has strengthened the squad with some good players.

We have two of our players suspended, bans from last season, Richie Baker (new signing from Shels) & Jason Gavin (Big loss - great defender, played with Middlesborough & Bradford in England), Stephen Gray will stand in for JG.

The Drog players will want to get back to winning ways after the defeat to Linfield, last week:(

It's the Drogs year......COME ON THE CLARET & BLUE:tsbayrak:

Going by the weather forecast, the Drog Fans will be singing in the rain, as we will be in a uncovered stand and it is giving heavy rain tonight...but who cares? once we see the Drogs win & 3pts on the board.

Later

From all the Claret & Blue Family in Drogheda

cicero9
10.03.2007, 02:29
It resulted a draw.

Drogheda were the more threatening and will be disappointed not to have claimed all three points having wasted several gilt-edged chances with Shane Robinson and Glen Fitzpatrick both guilty of missing good opportunities.

Hope you'll see 3 points on the board on next day.

Drogster
11.03.2007, 12:42
Well folks,

Big challenge for Trabzonspor when you play Galatasaray today.

If you look at the table, they have lost 5 times so far, so they are beatable. Lets hope Trabzonspor can make it 6 defeats! :D

3pts today would get you up to 6th and 3pts of second.

So best of luck guys & as ever.......Sing it LOUD & Sing it PROUD...CLARET & BLUE FOREVER:tsbayrak:

Just a note from this side of Europe, Drogheda kicked of the 2007 Season with a 0:0 Draw away to Bohs on Friday night.

Wasn't a good game, both teams trying to find their feet for the new season.

Drogheda had the better chances, 2 by Shane Robinson, with 2 penalty shouts, 1 of which, I was told by someone watching the game on tv, was a definite penalty, waved away!

Declan O'Brien (Fabio) had a good chance, but failed to hit the back of the net.

Fitzy had a one-on-one and played it straight to the keeper :mad:

When Fitzy was subbed with about 10 mins to go, Tony Grant came on and we started playing a bit of football. Things started to move up front.

Bohs has a couple of half chances, but nothing to trouble our keeper.

So 0:0 it ended. We will only see how good the result is when the other title hopefuls, Cork, Derry, and Pats play them as the season develops.

Our next game is Derry away in the Setanta Sports Cup on Monday night, all going to plan I will be there. Derry is about 3 hour drive from Drogheda.

Our next league match is on Friday, at Home in United Park, against UCD, a college team from Dublin, who always give you a tough game. They have a good manager and are a young fit side, but if we are going to win the league this year, we have to beat teams like UCD, 3pts, nothing less.

So once again Best of luck this evening & take care.

Remzi
16.03.2007, 14:53
Good Luck Today

Drogheda Vs UCD

:atki: :atki:

Burçak
16.03.2007, 16:02
Hi Martin.
Good Luck for match Today ;)

:tsatkı:

Remzi
16.03.2007, 22:46
Drogheda Utd Vs. UCD

First Half 1-1

Go Drogs Go ClaretAndBlue

:atki::atki:

U.Sadıkoğlu
16.03.2007, 22:59
Go Go Go:D

Remzi
16.03.2007, 23:10
Drogs2-1 UCD

61' [ 2 - 1] Fitzapatrick
:gol: :gol: :gol: :gol:

:tsbayrak: :tsbayrak: :tsatkı: :tsatkı: :atki: :yumruk:

Remzi
16.03.2007, 23:27
Drogheda 3-1 UCD
:gol::gol::gol:
67' [3 - 1] Zayed

Remzi
16.03.2007, 23:44
It Has Finished

Drogheda United 3 - 2 UC Dublin

Congratulations...

Recep Çaltepe
17.03.2007, 00:05
Great work RMZTS61. Thanks for the infos. :)

GO CLARET AND BLUE!!!

Berat
17.03.2007, 00:13
Congratulations.. Go Claret & Blue !

Burçak
17.03.2007, 18:12
Congratulations Drogheda...
Claret Blue

Drogster
17.03.2007, 21:49
Thanks guys.

As already mentioned the Drogs won 3:2 v UCD. Their 1st win of the season,hopefully not the last ;)

UCD scored in the 11th minutes, due to some hesitance in clearing the ball out of the box. Strange, as we are normally solid at the back.

3 of our front men scored, which is good for the confidence.

Fitzy, who I have been giving a hard time, scored a nice chip for the Drogs 2nd and his performance greatly improved, general hold up of the play and passing. Lets hope he builds on his form last night.:alkış:

Zayed fought well for the ball and slotted the ball nicely pass the UCD keeper.:dansmuz:

Another slip up by our left back resulted in the ball been played into the box and UCD snatching a second 5mins from time.

But the name of the game is to score one goal more then the opposition,and that's just what The Drogs done, & 3pts on the board:bmn2:The team still needs a bit of fine tuning, but it's early days yet, once we don't loose to much ground on the leaders at the top of the Table.

The Drogs play Glentoran on Monday night in the Setanta Cup, A must win game if we are going to have a chance in qualifying for the later stages of the competition, following a defeat at the hands of Linfield and 0:0 draw with Derry.

We'll keep up updated.:tsbayrak:

On a different note, I just read that Trabzonspor went down 0:1 to Ankaragücü earlier today, pity as they were on a good run of form. Hopefully they can bounce back in the next game.

Take care from all the Claret & Blue warriors in Drogheda.

dlel
20.03.2007, 13:00
hi all,
last night we played in belfast against glentoran in the group phase of the setanta cup.it was our third game and to stay in the race to qualify we needed a win.we started well and had some good chances but glentoran came back and finished the first half strongly and we went in nil nil at half time.then just after half time one of our new signings aidan o keffe broke away and scored a wonderful goal to put us one nil ahead :tsbayrak: we had some more chances after that and glentoran had a chance or two but we held on to one nil that puts us on four points and gives us a great chance to get to the semi finals
:tsatkı::tsatkı::dansmuz:

Drogster
20.03.2007, 13:16
Yahoo
Another win & we are scoring goals!:tsbayrak:

It was a fair result. Our Keeper (Dan Conor) pulled off two very good saves in the first half & O'Keefe took his goal well.:dansmuz:

Great day out & the Glen guys but on a great spread laid out (food & drinks) for us visitors very much appreciated.

I'm only starting to get the feeling back in my feet.....It was a touch chilly in Belfast last night!

On to Galway on Friday night in the league (Have to talk nicely to the boss about getting away early) & hopefully another win.:yattara:

Later all

Tunga
20.03.2007, 16:22
Tomorrow the biggest sports (football) newspaper of Turkiye (Fanatik - www.fanatik.com.tr) will give a story about our relations with our claret and blues friends from Ireland :meşale2:

Çakır
20.03.2007, 23:06
This is great!.. We will scan the columns about our friendship and we will share them with you on these pages ;) Do not forget to visit here tomorrow...

Thanks to Tunga for all his efforts about our friendship...

Claret & Blue, forever!

murathanerol
20.03.2007, 23:45
i am waiting tomorrow morning to read and learn more about friendship of the two different "Claret-Blue"s...

Drogster
21.03.2007, 00:28
This is great!.. We will scan the columns about our friendship and we will share them with you on these pages ;) Do not forget to visit here tomorrow...

Thanks to Tunga for all his efforts about our friendship...

Claret & Blue, forever!

Absolutely

Fair play guys. :alkış:

I will definitely check it out. Will there be an English version/translation, for those of us that don't speak the native tongue ? ;)

Until tomorrow and as always

Sing It Loud & Sign it Proud....CLARET & BLUE FOREVER.

Çakır
21.03.2007, 07:43
Drogster, you can see the internet version of FANATIK newspaper here:

http://fanatik.ekolay.net/fanatik/yeni/Trabzonspor/HaberDetay.aspx?hId=435940

We will also scan the columns to make you see it on the paper ;)

Thank you all for being here...

Çakır
21.03.2007, 08:33
http://fanatik.ekolay.net/fanatik/images1/irlanda280.jpg

In summary, the column mentions about the friendship of Trabzonspor and Drogheda United fans, and it comments that it is a very rare and original situation. It tells about the common points of two teams, such as sharing the same colours, moon and star on the Drogheda club logo and geographical position of two cities in their countries (both cities locate on the north-east of their countries).

The friendly match between Drogheda United and Zenit also mentioned in the article. It comments, this match was the first time that Drogheda United fans meets a Turk, ex-Trabzonspor striker Fatih Tekke ;)

The column informs the readers about the demand of Drogheda fans to watch a Trabzonspor match in Trabzon. The scarfs, flags and jerseys which we have sent to each other are also mentioned in the article. The column adds that bordomavi.net is the only place that Drogheda Utd and Trabzonspor supporters meet each other.

Later, Drogheda Utd is introduced to Turkish reader: "Goalkeeper Dan Connor is sponsored by the 'supporters association', when defender Graham Gartland is sponsored by lawyer Paddy Goodwin and forward Shane Barrett is sponspored by Jack&Jones. You have to pay 800 Euros to be the sponsor of a footballer you like. By the way, you are introduced to other Drogheda fans in the 'promotion book' of the club, and you are awarded with a jersey and a seasonal match ticket. Irish Premier League starts in March and it ends in November."

The title of the article is: Irish "Uşak"s! "Uşak" is a local word used in Trabzon, meaning "boy" or "man". This word is special to our region, and it is used only for the people belonging to our region. The title reflects that you are already the member of our family, you are the one of us...

Çakır
21.03.2007, 08:36

The link for the article is above... :yattara:

dlel
21.03.2007, 12:14
thats great to see lads.i copied the link and the summary on to our message board for all the other drogs to read :yattara::alkış:

Drogster
21.03.2007, 12:37

Excellent Guys :yattara:

Nice piece. Fair play to all involved :alkış:

We will have to organise a friendly match at some stage :D

Great to see that the Claret & Blue is alive & kicking

CLARET & BLUE FOREVER :tsbayrak:

Tunga
21.03.2007, 12:43
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/4153/drog01copydu8.th.jpg (http://img139.imageshack.us/my.php?image=drog01copydu8.jpg) http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/2335/drog02copydc0.th.jpg (http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?image=drog02copydc0.jpg)

Mustafa YILMAZ
21.03.2007, 15:41
Hi all

Forever Drogheda United
Forever Trabzonspor
Forever Claret n Blue.

Claret - Blue, Forever!

murathanerol
21.03.2007, 15:55
Who is Robert??is he an "UŞAK"? :)

Çakır
21.03.2007, 16:17
Yes, he is one of our UŞAKs :)

Robert 61 :atki:

dlel
22.03.2007, 00:27
im robert lads sadly im not in the picture though im im proud possesion of my trabz "robert 61" shirt:alkış:

ilphenomeno
22.03.2007, 10:16
Our bad president know Drogheda,now..

Maybe at the end of the season We will organise friendly match..

:)

Murat'
22.03.2007, 10:36
Our bad president know Drogheda,now..

Maybe at the end of the season We will organise friendly match..

:)

ojalâ........

TURKAZURE
23.03.2007, 09:20
hi,drogheda's supporter,
we are happy to join to us,this season is bad for us but we suppose to you that succesful season.we are trying to organize friendly match.we shouldn't cut our communication.

Drogster
23.03.2007, 15:02
Hi Folks,

Just to let you know that the Drogs are playing Galway United, away, tonight. Hopefully we will come away with 3pts, but it won't be easy.

Come on The Claret & Blue :tsbayrak:

Later Guys

BÜYÜK_TRABZON
23.03.2007, 15:03
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMK_LABE3YI
Trabzonspor-Genclerbirligi Turkish FA CUP Finals...
2003-04 Season...

TURKAZURE
23.03.2007, 15:46
i hope that we will win this match tonight.
i wish to you chance,we will win the match 1-0 inşallah:)
''inşallah in turkish means that if Allah(in your culture ''God'') permisson

Hi Folks,

Just to let you know that the Drogs are playing Galway United, away, tonight. Hopefully we will come away with 3pts, but it won't be easy.

Come on The Claret & Blue :tsbayrak:

Later Guys

U.Sadıkoğlu
23.03.2007, 19:47
İRL 21:45 Galway United - Drogheda

U.Sadıkoğlu
23.03.2007, 22:17
Galway United 32DK
0 - 2 Drogheda United

dlel
24.03.2007, 00:54
hi all,

drogster was probaly at the game tonight but i had to work so i missed it.we won three two.scoring the winnner five minutes into injury time.we also had a player sent off and our goal keeper went off injured.i dont know the full details yet but im sure drogster will be on with them soon:tsatkı:

antagonist
24.03.2007, 01:02
hi all,

drogster was probaly at the game tonight but i had to work so i missed it.we won three two.scoring the winnner five minutes into injury time.we also had a player sent off and our goal keeper went off injured.i dont know the full details yet but im sure drogster will be on with them soon:tsatkı:

Congratulations:tsatkı: :atki: :tsatkı: :atki:

Tunga
24.03.2007, 01:07
Congratulations on your win against Galway.

As far as I know, they have also claret & blue colours.

Anyway, we are happy tonight....

:atki: :atki: :atki: :meşale2: :atki:
:atki: :meşale2: :atki: :atki: :atki:

TURKAZURE
24.03.2007, 01:46
Congratulations drogheda!!!:atki: :alkış: :alkış: :atki:
intresting winning, from 2-0 to 2-2 a red card annnnnnnd goaaaaaal minutes 90 3-2 super score:)
altough the red card we won,
we will defeat to k.erciyes next week
:tsbayrak: :tsbayrak: :tsbayrak: :tsbayrak:
trabzonspor&drogheda(forever friendship...):tsmeşale:

dlel
24.03.2007, 12:22
yes lads galway are also claret and blue but well hope they win there other games :D

Drogster
24.03.2007, 13:39
Hi All

As already mentioned the Super Drogs won 3:2 away to Galway. It was sooooooooooo Sweet, for of a number of reasons.

1. The cancellation of the supporters bus on Thursday, which meant organising lifts for the gang that traveled over. :(

2. When we finally got going, and making good time on the road, hitting traffic at Kelbeggen & Moath (two villages along the route to Galway) which added a good 1.5 hours to our journey, which should take just over 2.5 hours.:confused:

3 The match official's performance.:mad:

We got there in the end, and just 2mins into the game Fitzy slotted home our 1st, being brave at the far post and getting the vital touch on the ball.

On the half-hour mark, Fabio headed passed the Galway keeper from a great pass curled in after being well controlled by Baker, that was No. 2.

We were in full control and then, it was like driving down the road and the gearbox of the car dropping out, no gears! After a number for very doggy decisions by the referee the Drogs just seem to loose all gears and were struck in neutral, a bit of a Dr Jackal and Mr Hyde situation. Everytime a drog player went in to make a challenge for the ball, the ref gave everything Galways way and started flashing out the yellow cards, with the Galway players getting away scotch free, and a minute into added time to the 1st half a very doggy free was awarded to Galway, which was swung it and Galway got their 1st.

2nd Half, Ref at his trick again and as a result the drogs started getting nervy and it resulted where afraid to look at the ball never mind challenge for it. And needless to say, Byrne went up for a ball collided with a Galway player, yes it was a free but did not warrant a card. Anyway, out flashed a second yellow, followed by the red, to all the Drogs amazement.

Down to ten men, then Dan (our keeper) smashed into JG (our defender) and went off injured. Fabio was replaced by Zayed and Whelan on for Fitzy, and it time to get struck in and regain control of the game.

And thats what we did. The pace and strength of Zayed was just to much, but when he did break thought on goal the lineman flagged, and flagged and flagged again. I was in line with at least 3 of the decisions and i think the Lineman better read up on the off-side rule.

We pushed on with Zayed and Whelan breaking from mid-field and in the 5th minute of added time we got a free kick, which was sent in and met by Zayed to knock home the winner........OH ya! :tsbayrak:

It was a hard fought game, which was not aided by the Match Officials and to me the 3rd goal (especially 5mins into added time) was a real two figured salute to them.

3 more points to but on the board and time to look forward to the return Glentoran Match (Setanta Cup) on Monday night, where we hope to kick up another 3pts.

Very eventful match and it made the hassle traveling over slip away and made the road home that little bit shorter. We all got home safe and thats the main thing.:D

Take care & we'll be in touch,

From all the Claret & Blue Family in Drogheda

Drogster
24.03.2007, 13:41
yes lads galway are also claret and blue but well hope they win there other games :D

That's right, We met up with a few of their supporters in Foxes bar before the game.

Good colours, I wish them well, and hope they finish second in the league...After the Drogs of course ;)

Burçak
24.03.2007, 17:58
Hi Martin..Congratulations. :)
Galway 2 Drogheda 3 very good score. ;)

Sacit
24.03.2007, 18:09
Hi Martin..Congratulations. :)
Galway 2 Drogheda 3 very good score. ;)

yes...

goalllll:Fitzpatrick,D. O'Brien,Zayed

Drogster
25.03.2007, 18:17
Hi All

The Drogs play Glentoran on Monday Night in the Setanta Cup.
I pasted in the table & results to date, below, just for your information.

We lost the opening match 0:1 V Linfield, who are a Northern Ireland team and are currently sitting on top of their league, which is coming to the end, so they were well up to fitness, has for the Drogs, we were well of the pace in the 1st Half.

When we meet them on the 2nd April, they will be meeting a very different Drog side, One which will be up to match fitness & scoring goals ;)

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/images/logos/logo_derry_lg.gif http://www.eleven-a-side.com/images/logos/logo_drogheda_lg.gif http://www.eleven-a-side.com/images/logos/logo_glentoran_lg.gif http://www.eleven-a-side.com/images/logos/logo_linfield_lg.gif
*DERRY* DROGS**GLENS**BLUES
The Setanta Sports Cup 2007

**************P W D L F A GD Pts
Linfield ******** 3_2 1 0 4 2 _2 _7
Derry City ******3 _1 1 1 2 2 _0 _4
Drogheda United 3 1 1 1 1 1 _0_4
Glentoran ******3__0 1 2 1 3 -2__1

Feb 26 Drogheda Utd 0-1 (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/setantacup/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=26687) Linfield
Feb 26 Glentoran 0-1 (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/setantacup/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=26686) Derry City
Mar 05 Linfield 1-1 (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/setantacup/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=26796) Glentoran
Mar 12 Derry City 0-0 (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/setantacup/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=26896) Drogheda Utd
Mar 19 Glentoran 0-1 (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/setantacup/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=26967) Drogheda Utd
Mar 20 Linfield 2-1 (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/setantacup/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=26977) Derry City
Mar 26 Drogheda Utd v Glentoran
Mar 26 Derry City v Linfield
Apr 02 Linfield v Drogheda Utd
Apr 02 Derry City v Glentoran
Apr 17 Glentoran v Linfield
Apr 17 Drogheda Utd v Derry City

C'MON the CLARET & BLUE:tsbayrak:

Fatih Ay
26.03.2007, 14:31
i have a question.
what happened to shelbourne?:rolleyes:
they are playing second league why?
didnt they champion last year?

dlel
26.03.2007, 14:48
i have a question.

shelbourne basically ran out of money they were paying their players too much and two or three times during the season had no money to play their players.although they won the league last year,it was discovered that their accounts were wrong and they had their licence to play in the top division taken off them.

all their squad from last year apart from one,left.we have ollie cahill and stewie byrne off them for this season.the squad this year is mostly young players,players on loan from other teams or players that were out of contract and cost nothing to buy.

Drogster
27.03.2007, 11:59
i have a question.

Just to add to DLEL's comments, they also didn't pay their taxes €300,000 (a lot of money for a team in the Eircom League) and basically their former owner, Oillie Byrne is a Dublin Gangster FACT!

On a more positive note:

The Drogs won 2:0 last night v Glentoran. Great performance all round from start to finish. Dominated the match. Two more forward guys scored O'Keeffe & Grant, good goals as well. The result was complimented by Linfield drawing 2:2 with Derry (Linfield 2:0 down with 16mins to go). Leaves the Drogs right back in it. Hopefully we can go on and win the group and gain home advantage for the semi-final.

Roll on Derry on Friday night!:tsbayrak:

Later

Fatih Ay
27.03.2007, 22:30
thanks for your explations...:)
droghada 2-0 glentoran :yattara: good win

Engenius
28.03.2007, 10:45
http://www.droghedaunited.ie/articles/4/flags_oriel.jpg

Oh i love the colours...

feels like home...

Salih61
28.03.2007, 12:37
When is come think turkey? Because we want to meet ;)
The bigest Claret & Blue...:tsbayrak:

Engenius
29.03.2007, 11:47
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/8371/s5000605ar6.jpg

taken from forever61

Drogster
29.03.2007, 18:40
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/8371/s5000605ar6.jpg

taken from forever61

I wonder where he got that Scarf:D

Engenius
30.03.2007, 09:13
I wonder where he got that Scarf:D

Dont tell me it's the first time you see that one:D

Drogster
31.03.2007, 15:18
Hi All

The Drogs were playing Derry City last night (United Park) were their won 2:1. Goals from Fabio (30 yard lob after a defensive mix up) and new boy Ollie Cahill header made it two. Derry got a goal from a o.g. by Jason Gavin, but it was to little to late.:alkış:

Here's a clip of the highlights..a little taster!

http://homepage.eircom.net/~drogvideos/drogs_v_derry_30032007.avi (http://homepage.eircom.net/%7Edrogvideos/drogs_v_derry_30032007.avi)

Drogheda are getting stronger and stronger with every game. Great performances all around the pitch, especially considering that the Drogs have 6 players out with injurers and that Derry are the favorites to win the league...I don't think so!

3 more points on the board, still in second place 2pts behind St. Pats. :D
The Drogs next game is against Linfield (away) in the Setanta on Monday night. This will have a strong bearing on which team will win the group and who will come second. Only one game left in the group after Monday nights game.

Best of Luck to Trabzonspor when you play Erciyesspor. Hopefully Trabz can emulate the Drogs and claim another 3pts.:yattara:

C'mon the CLARET & BLUE

Burçak
02.04.2007, 19:30
hi Martin ;)

http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/5459/drgad6.png

TODAY // IRSK (http://www.iddaa.com/iddaacom/Canli/canli_ct.asp?wId=7023&sT=H#dd)LINFIELD (http://www.iddaa.com/iddaacom/Canli/canli_ct.asp?wId=7023&sT=H#dd) - DROGHEDA (http://www.iddaa.com/iddaacom/Canli/canli_ct.asp?wId=7023&sT=H#dd) - Turkey Time 21:45

I hope , Drogheda to win:atki:

Remzi
03.04.2007, 17:51
IRSKLINFIELD 0-0 DROGHEDA

The score is bad.:(But 1 point is better than 0 point:)

Success to your next Matches..

LOVE FOR...
CLARET AND BLUE

:ts::atki:

Drogster
03.04.2007, 19:05
Hi Folks

Yep Linfield 0:0 Drogs.

Not a good game at all. They had the better 1st Half and we had the 2nd half, with a number of better chances to score. Linfield very happy with the draw.

We are waiting on news about Jason Gavin's shoulder injury. He was stretchered off after 33 minutes with what appeared to be a dislocated shoulder, Which will now need surgery, big loss, great player and solid.

The result was not to bad, as Derry were bet 2:1 by Glentoran. Derry will have to beat us by 2 clear goals next week, but they are stuttering so far this season so they will have to attack, so it will suit us.

Well done guys on your win against Erciyesspor. :alkış:
It's getting tight in the table. 3 more points on the board and up to 8th, keep on climbing.:dansmuz:

C'mon the CLARET & BLUE

Naim
13.04.2007, 22:40
i think this year we will happy only with Drogheda's victories.
Go Drogheda Go Claret Blue!

Oğuzhan Görkan
14.04.2007, 00:31
best wishes to our bros;) we are with u

Drogster
15.04.2007, 13:25
Hi Guys

I hope that all the Trabzonspor Claret & Blue warriors are keeping well.

Sorry that I have not been updating you guys on Drogheda's progress, as I was in Hospital recently have a Full ceramic Hip Replacement Operation done. Great fun!

Since I have been away the Drogs have played 2 league games.

The 1st was away to Longford, the 1st game I've missed this season, I believe by reading the reports and talking to some colleagues that it was a terrible game. It usually is a bad game when we play Longford. They try to grind you down to play their why. Shane Robinson popped up with a good goal 25 yard chip. It finished 1:0 to the Drogs and 3 pts on the board.

The second league game was on Friday night against Sligo Rovers. We won 3:0. All 3 goals were scored in the first 30mins.

The 1st was a cracker from 25 yards out after a good move from Robo & Fabio's lay-off to Zayed, who riffled the ball into the back of the net, after 8mins.:alkış:

The second goal came from some good hard work from Fabio who chased a Brian Shelley ball to the end line which the defender tried to see out for a goal kick. Fabio, nicked the ball from the Rovers defender, managed to keep it in play and pulled it across for Zayed who finished with ease from six yards.:D

The 3rd goal came just three minutes later when Simon Webb's long ball from defence on the left found Fabio, controlled the ball brilliantly before planting his strike past keeper Richard Brush to the bottom left corner of the net.....Game well and truly over.:cool:

The 2nd half was a well control and professional display, we created and few chances, but with the Drogs playing on Tuesday night against Derry in the Setanta Cup, we were happy to just see out the game and keep a clean sheet. Another 3pts on the board and we are now level on points with St. Pats, separated by goal difference....1 goal.

So on to Tuesday night V Derry, the last group game. Derry who are not firing on all cylinders, need to beat the Drogs by 2 or more clear goals to progress to the semi-final stage. Depending on how the results turn out, a Drogs win, and Linfield lose, the Drogs will win the group and probably play Cork City at Home in the Semi-final (Cork, who we bet to win the cup last year and the year before that to win the FAI Cup , our 1st ever cup), is the tie we all would like to see. Otherwise we will end up playing St. Pats away, which wouldn't be to bad.

I'll keep up all updated.

On a different note, I see Trabzonspor are on a good run of victories, may it continue when you play Rizespor today.

I see my namesake scored twice last week when you won 4:3 against Gençlerbirliği, I'm just happy to contribute to a Trabz win:p

Best of luck today and hopefully I'll be seeing another 3pts chalked up for Trabzonspor, later today.:yattara:

C'mon the CLARET & BLUE

Drogster
20.04.2007, 15:42
Hi All

Just a quick update.

On Tuesday night we played Derry, the last group game of the Setanta Cup.
Drogheda were poor in the 1st half but improved in the second half. One worry that the Drog's manager has is the growing injury list and there's no signs of it shortening. Damien Lynch, Aidan O'Keefe and captain Declan O'Brien all joined it after picking up problems on Tuesday night. They join Dan Connor, Graham Gartland, Jason Gavin, Shane Barrett and Richie Baker on the sidelines with only Gartland's injury rated as a short-term problem.
That's 8 of our 1st 11 players out.So full credit to the manager for putting together a bid squad during the off-season. Any other team in the league would be in pieces and would not be able to cope, if they had the same number of injuries.

The Derry Match was not the prettiest game ever. we won 2:1 but we were given our chances due to doggy goalkeeping and a defensive error. But a win is a win. As a result we now play St. Pat's away in the semi-final on Monday Night, following Linfield winning and topping the group and they play Cork City.

Back to the League tonight and we play Shamrock Rovers (Dublin Team) away in Tolka Park. It will be a trough game as they are a well organised side and don't give away to many goals and with the number of injuries we have picked up, our squad may be stretched but we still have some very good quality players holding the fort. If we win, we can open up a 3pts gap at the top of the table, as St.Pats play Sligo Rover on Saturday.

I see that Trabzonspor lost 3:2 to Rizespor last weekend. Hopefully you bounce back with a win against Sakaryaspor this weekend.

Best of luck. C'mon the Claret & Blue

Drogster
23.04.2007, 15:29
Hi All

First of all well done to Trabzonspor on their great 5:2 win against Sakaryaspor. Up to 5th in the table. Great progress considering the terrible start to the season. :yattara:

How many European places to the Turkish League have and what place guarantees you a UEFA Cup place?

The Drogs continued their winning ways on Friday night against Shamrock Rovers. 2:1 it finished. The pitch was in a very poor state and it was very hard for both teams to play nice passing football. Once again a win is a win. With St Pats winning their game on Saturday, the teams are only seperated by goal difference.

Here's a clip of the highlights.

http://homepage.eircom.net/~drogvideos/rovers_v_drogs_20042007.avi (http://homepage.eircom.net/%7Edrogvideos/rovers_v_drogs_20042007.avi)

On to the Semi-Final of the Setanta Cup, tonight. Should be a very interesting game as we play St. Pats, away. It will be a tight game. They have only coincided 2 goals in 7 games and with the number of 1st team injuries that the Drogs have, the advantage is tipping towards a St. Pats win, but the Drogs have a habit of using that to their advantage and getting the win.

C'mon the CLARET & BLUE

Drogster
25.04.2007, 17:42
Hi Folks

Just passing on some good news from Monday Night.

Drogheda played St Pats in the 1st of the Semi-final in the Setanta Cup and won 1:0 after extra time. We all knew it was going to be a trough match and that it was!

The 1st 45mins were mainly dominated by Pats, But the Drogs did have a number of good opportunities to score and one cleared of the line.

The 2nd 45mins Drogheda came more into the game and played some lovely football, good, quick, passing moves. One of our new singings Stewie Byrne hit the post from a 91st min penalty, after Simon Webb was tripped in the box.

So after 90 mins it remained 0:0 and we faced into extra time, were it seemed that the Drogs just clicked up a gear and dominated the extra period, and were duly rewarded with and great goal from Zayed from the edge of the box, just right of center, on the half volley shot and leaving the Pats keeper strained. 1:0 to the Drogs, with 5mins left in the 2nd half of extra time. And that's the way it stayed and a great Drog Win.:tsbayrak:

So the 2nd Semi-final is to be played next Monday night between Linfield v Cork City and the result of the game will determine were the Final will be played. The Drogs are hoping for a Linfield win, and the final to be played in Windsor Park in Belfast rather then in Cork.

So another final and a chance to retain our 2006 Setenta Cup Trophy.

The Drogs next game is on Friday Night at home against Cork City. Hopefully we may have at least one player back form the treatment room, Fabio, fingers crossed.

C'mon on the Drogs......C'mon the CLARET & BLUE.

Yunus Emre AYAZ
27.04.2007, 16:18
welcome guys

there are two color in the world.

claret & blue

Remzi
29.04.2007, 01:27
Drogheda United 2 - 2 Cork City:(:(

Drogster
30.04.2007, 12:21
Hi all

First of all congratulations on your win against Antalyasporover the weekend. 3 more points on the board and 5th place in the table. With 4 game to go it is a big challange to get 3rd place from Galatasaray, but 4th place is very achievable. I know chatting to some off you, that Trabzonspor are more accustomed to fighting closer to the top of the table. Would 4th place be good enough for a European spot?

Over this side of the water, Drogheda drew 2:2 with Cork City on Friday Night. We started of well and in the 8min we got a penalty, which Shane Robinson put away. From were I was, I actually didn't think it was a foul, but we'll take it!

From that we pushed on, but found ourselves sitting back and needless to say we coincided a goal on the hour mark and a second 6mins later. This then woke us up and click up a gear and started imposing our game on Cork and got our just rewards. After great work by Zayed, who chased down the Cork keeper, who kicked out the ball rebounded of Zayed and Sami was on hand to head the ball into the net for the equaliser. Just before the end Sami took down a ball controlled it and hit it on the volley while turning, a great strike which required an equally great save for the Cork keeper, 2:2 it ended.

A bit disappointed, considering we started so well, but with the number of injuries we have and that we played 120mins of football on Monday Night, it wasn't to bad. Prior to the game I reckoned that a point would be a good result. We are still 7pts ahead of Cork, in 3rd and 2pts behind St. Pats, but Pats have a couple of tough games ahead of them, with teams who we have already played.

Take care

C'mon the CLARET & BLUE

Salih61
30.04.2007, 13:53
Sizi İrlandalılara rezil ediyim de görün Yönetim ve Ziya Dogan
Resignation Nuri Albayrak!!!!!
Resignation Ziya Dogan!!!!!
YOU AREN'T BEİNG SUİTABLE US!!!!
PLEASE ANY MORE RESİGN!!!!
BIG TRABZONSPOR FOR PARTİSAN HAND İN HAND TOGETHER PROTEST!!!!

Drogster
04.05.2007, 18:16
Sizi İrlandalılara rezil ediyim de görün Yönetim ve Ziya Dogan
Resignation Nuri Albayrak!!!!!
Resignation Ziya Dogan!!!!!
YOU AREN'T BEİNG SUİTABLE US!!!!
PLEASE ANY MORE RESİGN!!!!
BIG TRABZONSPOR FOR PARTİSAN HAND İN HAND TOGETHER PROTEST!!!!

I take it by our comments Salih61, that you do not approve of Trabzonspor's coach!

Can you see him being replaced at the end of the league or is he there for the long term?

Well another week over and another series of games to look forward to. The Drogs play Waterford, away, tonight. Waterford are bottom of the table and have only won one game out of 8. However, that was last week against Cork City. So the Drogs are not taken anything for granted. On the injury front, we have 3 players back fit, training and ready for selection for tonights game, good news.

Following, the Cork v St Pats game played last night, which Cork won, if the Drogs win, we will go top of the table by a point, which will be good for the players confidence. But there is along way to go and a lot of football to be played.

Best of luck to Trabzonspor in the game against Sivasspor, tonight. It would be a good 3pts to help increase the gap between the two teams and keep the pressure on Kayserispor, if you win.

C'mon on the CLARET & BLUE

Remzi
04.05.2007, 22:17
Waterford 0-1 Drogheda UTD

min:26' O'Brien....

Remzi
04.05.2007, 22:40
First Half Score

Waterford 0-1 Drogheda UTD

Remzi
04.05.2007, 23:35
Match Has finished.:(

Waterford 1-1 Drogheda UTD

yaw son dakikada gol mü yenir iddaada yattı:(

Waterford has scored at last minute on the match.And they take one point in their point tables:(

Salih61
06.05.2007, 17:47
I take it by our comments Salih61, that you do not approve of Trabzonspor's coach!

Can you see him being replaced at the end of the league or is he there for the long term?

Well another week over and another series of games to look forward to. The Drogs play Waterford, away, tonight. Waterford are bottom of the table and have only won one game out of 8. However, that was last week against Cork City. So the Drogs are not taken anything for granted. On the injury front, we have 3 players back fit, training and ready for selection for tonights game, good news.

Following, the Cork v St Pats game played last night, which Cork won, if the Drogs win, we will go top of the table by a point, which will be good for the players confidence. But there is along way to go and a lot of football to be played.

Best of luck to Trabzonspor in the game against Sivasspor, tonight. It would be a good 3pts to help increase the gap between the two teams and keep the pressure on Kayserispor, if you win.

C'mon on the CLARET & BLUE
:atki::atki::atki::atki:We thıs year a lot of be sorry;We Worn out a lot,A lot of words gave but they never dıdn't hold somebody.For thıs reason resign necessary;
thıs forums everbody wıth me same idea...

Yunus Emre AYAZ
12.05.2007, 23:25
Drogheda United win setanta cup congratulation..!!!

Drogster
15.05.2007, 03:40
Hi All

Ya the last League game we played was against Waterford. As posted, we drew 1:1. Poor Result really. If we are going to win the league this year, we should be winning these kinds of games.

We started off well Zayed and Fabio having a couple of chances and Fabio scored on the 26min. Corner kick sent into the box and Fabio met it on the half volley, giving the Waterford keeper no chance.

During the second half Waterford came more into the game and stole a goal in the 90min. The only good thing was that the majority of the other results went our way, so we did not lose any ground.

Last Tuesday we played in the League Cup competition (Separate competition, which is the most worthless cup of all the season) against Shamrock Rovers and lost 3:0. Our coach Paul Doolin asked for the game to be postponed due to the number of injuries that Drogheda had. It was refused and we were forced to field a team made up of 7 under 17 and 4 under 21 players, from our youth teams. They but on a great performance, considering that, they were playing a team 4th in the league! It also allowed time for some of the less serious injured players some valuable rest time in preparation time for the Setanta Cup Final.

On to Saturday and the Setanta Sports Cup Final in Windsor Park (Belfast).
We, the 2006 winners/holders, were playing the 2005 winners, Linfield, in their backyard.

We had a great traveling crowd and the team were really up for it.

We started of brightly and settled into our game. Between Fabio and Zayed we could of had 5 of 6 goals in the first half, but their keeper played a stormer, and got the Man of the Match award.

The second half was much of the same. Then Fabio went of injured, with a knee problem and Simon Webb went of with a ankle injury. Linfield started to come into the game, as they are a good strong physical team. However, we were rewarded a penalty, after a good move, but Damien Lynch, who is usually bullet-proof at taken peno's, was to causal and their keeper saved his shot. We all thought that it was going to be one of those days. And to rub salt into the wounds, they scored a couple of minutes later (67mins) to go one up.

Following Fabio's injury, Tony Grant came on and ten minutes after Linfield scored, Grant received the ball just inside the box, controlled it and turned to fire the ball into the roof of the net. 1:1.

That's how it finished. Extra time, were we dominated but could not break the deadlock, once again due to their keeper.

OK, to penalties. They won the toss and those to shoot first. They scored their first, but our keeper MIKKO VILMUNEN, was unlucky not to save the shot, as the ball looped over his hand after he made the block.

Lynch stepped up to take our first peno and once again missed it, going the same way as the first peno. However, Mikko, became a Hero when he save 2 of Linfield Peno's which gave Stuart Byrne the opportunity to clinch the win. And he dually done so. Drogheda won 4:3 on Penalties and retained our trophy.

What a game and what a day.

Here's a few pic's.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w29/RoboDrog/DSCF0218-1.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w29/RoboDrog/DSCF0230.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w29/RoboDrog/DrogsSetantaCupFinal2007043.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w29/RoboDrog/DrogsSetantaCupFinal2007051.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w29/RoboDrog/DSCF0248a.jpg
Celebrations outside the HOME OF THE DROGS

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w29/RoboDrog/Winners2007.jpg
ALL IRELAND CHAMPIONS

C'mon the CLARET & BLUE
:atki::atki::atki:

Burçak
15.05.2007, 18:22
Drogheda Congratulation..!!!

Martin Congratulation.
I very be happy ;)

:tsbayrak::tsmeşale::tsbayrak::tsmeşale:

macka61
15.05.2007, 18:52
Congratulation drogheda

eys_61
18.05.2007, 12:40
Congratulations Drogs!For the love of claret and blue!
:tsbayrak::tsbayrak::tsbayrak:

Drogster
21.05.2007, 14:02
Hi Folks

Congrats on Trabzonspor 3:1 win yesterday against Bursaspor. That's 4th place secured with one game to go.:tsbayrak:

The Super Drogs play St. Pats tonight (away) in the league. We bet them a couple of weeks ago in the semi-final of the Setanta Cup, with an extra goal from Zayed.

It's going to be a tight game. However, following claiming the Setanta Cup for the second year in a row, it was at a heavy price. Our top score Declan "Fabio" O'Brien was injured and could miss the rest of the season with a knee ligament damage and he is joined by Simon Webb, who will be out for 2 to 3 weeks. The injury list just gets longer and longer.

On a brighter note, if we win we will go top of the table by a point and with a game in hand.:) C'mon on the Drogs.

Take care:yattara:

C'mon on the Claret & Blue

Adem Erdoğan
21.05.2007, 20:53
21:00 St Patrick's - : - Drogheda

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/7604/newpicturexw9.png

cicero9
21.05.2007, 23:01
Great Drogs! :)

Adem Erdoğan
21.05.2007, 23:59
FT St Patrick's 1 : 0 Drogheda

Drogster
22.05.2007, 15:12
Hi Guys,

Unfortunately the Drogs unbeaten run came to an end last night, when table toppers St. Pats won 1:0.:mad:

We started of well in the first half and played some good stuff and creating a few chances, but with a combination of bad finishing and good goalkeeping we went in 0:0.:(

The second half started of more evenly, with Pat's coming more into the game. A few doggy moments at the back led to a few nerves jumping and this gave Pat's belief to push on, and on 79 mins a free kick sent in from the left wing was met by a Pat's head and landed in the back of the net. In fairness Pat's were good to be one up on their second half performance but it was all brought on yourselves with some indecision at the back and some charitable refereeing decisions in favour of Pat's. We had a couple of good chances in the dying stages of the game, but no joy.

On reflection, a draw would have been a fair result, but it wasn't to be. We are now 5pts behind Pat's, but with a game in hand.

Time to dust ourselves down and ensure that we bounce back with a win against Shamrock Rovers on Friday Night to keep the pressure on Pat's!

C'mon on the Claret & Blue.

U.Sadıkoğlu
23.05.2007, 17:57
this season drogheda will champion

Drogster
01.06.2007, 14:55
Hi Folks

Well, 34 games played and 4th in the table. It's that time of year, summer break and the Turkish League has come to a close. It's unfortunate that you had such a terrible start to the season, or you could of been right in amongst the leaders. I know from previous post of the Trabzonspor fans opinion is that it was due to a combination of the Manager/managers tactics and the Clubs backroom committee. Hopefully a bit of rebuilding in these areas and Trabzonspor will be right back up at the top of the table next season!:tsbayrak::ts:

Well from this side of Europe, the Drogs fell to their second defeat of the season, in as many games, home, to Shamrock Rovers, last Friday night.
0:2 it ended. We were unlucky has we had enough chances to win the game. When Rovers went 1 up, Drogheda hit the post with a free kick and after going 2 down Zayed had 2 one-on-one chances with the rovers keeper, but failed to score!

However, we bounced back with a well deserved, all be it scrappy 2:0 victory away to Sligo Rovers (who have been hitting some good form) on Tuesday night, which put us back up to second in the table, 5 pts behind leaders, St. Pats. But the Drogs have a game in hand.

http://www.eircomloi.ie/tables.htm

Tonight we play Longford at home. Longford are currently rooted to the bottom of the table with 1 pt, as a result of a 6pts penalty for not complying with the FAI Club licence. On paper we should come away with a win, and bag a few goals at the same time, but it doesn't always work that way.

So figures crossed that we do come away with a win and keep the pressure on St. Pat's.

The league takes a two week break after tonights game, which is good news for the Drogs, as there are a number of injured players due to return to the team after the break, all going to plan.

Our next game is against Bohs (who are 3rd in the league) at home in the 2nd round of the FAI Cup, which we won in 2005. Should be a great Cup match on the 17th June. It is the tie of the round and should be on TV, which you can watch live streaming on www.rte.ie (http://www.rte.ie). I will post up the link once it is confirmed that it will be televised.

C'mon on the Claret & Blue

Samet Berber
08.06.2007, 21:26
geçen gün yatırdın beni iddaa da bi daha oynamam sana :D

Mayls
08.06.2007, 21:38
geçen gün yatırdın beni iddaa da bi daha oynamam sana :D
Only English please :D

Samet Berber
09.06.2007, 07:34
Only English please :D
sorry, sorry !!! I dont know this ;)

#1 Drog
12.06.2007, 22:26
On Friday we play Bohemians in the FAI Cup.

It is an important match, most Drogs fans would like a good run in the cup, and we are playing rivals Bohemians.

The match will be viewable on www.rte.ie

CLARET AND BLUE

Samet Berber
12.06.2007, 22:43
On Friday we play Bohemians in the FAI Cup.

It is an important match, most Drogs fans would like a good run in the cup, and we are playing rivals Bohemians.

The match will be viewable on www.rte.ie (http://www.rte.ie)

CLARET AND BLUE
clock ???

#1 Drog
12.06.2007, 22:45
Do you mean time?

Kick off is at 7:45 Irish time.

The link will appear on www.rte.ie nearer the time!

:tsbayrak::yumruk::tsbayrak:

Tunga
12.06.2007, 22:54
We are sure you will get what you want from Bohemians :)

:meşale2::tsbayrak::meşale2:

lazetti_61
13.06.2007, 12:53
hi guys
it's good to see here that trabzonspor is a global team which has supporters in all over the world (loll..)
thank u for your support n your love...

#1 Drog
14.06.2007, 17:05
The links for watching the match on Friday night are:

http://www.tg4.ie/Bearla/Spor/comp.htm

or

http://www.tg4.ie/Bearla/Spor/spor.htm

Drogster
15.06.2007, 13:38
Hi Folks

Well since I was on last we have played the last in the first series of league games. It was against the bottom team Longford and as posted earlier "On paper we should come away with a win, and bag a few goals at the same time, but it doesn't always work that way".
The less said about the game the better. We give away a penalty early on and dominated the second half but only managed to get a 1:1 draw thanks to Stuart Byrne finding the equaliser.

As #1 Drog has posted, the Drogs play Bohs, at home in the second round of the FAI Cup. The Drog fans are hoping for a good cup run, as last year we were dumped out of the cup at the first round following a replay against Limerick. This after winning the cup and the Drogs First Cup the previous year (2005).

It has been raining heavily for the last couple of days here in Drogheda, which should make things interesting under foot, not that the teams will need any incentive, as it is second (Drogs) V Third in the league standings.
Reading some of the reviews, they favor the Drogs marginally, due to them being at home. Should be a good game and hopefully we will progress to the 2nd round.

Hope that you are all keeping well, and that you get a chance to check out the links posted up to watch the game tonight. I'll bring my Trabzonspor scarf for the TV cameras!

C'mon the Claret & Blue

dlel
15.06.2007, 20:32
hi all,

havent been on in a while and just had to look to see where you finished in your league.well done on finishing fourth after the bad start.as the lads have said tonight we play bohemians in our cup and hopefully we get the result we want

Samet Berber
16.06.2007, 11:30
I ' m very bad ...

:(:(:(:(:(

dlel
21.06.2007, 12:06
hi lads,

sadly we lost against bohs last friday in the cup one nil,a very bad game we didnt play well at all.this friday we are away to derry in the league where we really need a win to get back on track

Drogster
22.06.2007, 12:51
Hi All,

As posted the Drogs were dumped out of the FAI Cup by Bohs last week.
I was a really bad game and bad performance by the Drogs, a combination between the players not producing the goods and the manager panicking. No shape of balance to the team! Apologies to any of you who may have watched the game over the internet :(.

Anyway, back to the league tonight and a 3 hour ( if the traffic is kind) trip to Derry. Derry have a stand-in manager, one of their older defenders. They have not lost or won in seven games. The Drogs have only 13 players available for selection, between injuries and 2 players suspended!

A draw would be a good result, looking at it on paper, but you never know, we might sneak a 1:0 win....fingers crossed!

C'mon the Claret & Blue

cınar#7
22.06.2007, 16:06
@Drogster

Do you have good Left Back in your team?:)

We want to left back because we havent good a left defender in Trabzonspor...

Maybe we sing a player from Drogheda...:)

:atki::yattara::atki:

Drogster
26.06.2007, 17:30
@Drogster

Do you have good Left Back in your team?:)

We want to left back because we havent good a left defender in Trabzonspor...

Maybe we sing a player from Drogheda...:)

:atki::yattara::atki:

Hi All

Well at the moment we have one of our right backs playing at left back (Damian Lynch). Simon Webb our 1st choice left back is out injured, with an ankle injury and our stand-in left back Stephen Gray is filling in as a central defender. Sorry guys can't help you.;)

Well the Drogs traveled to Derry last Friday. We had 8 played out injured and two suspended, but we were still able to field a decent team. We had a better shape and balance to the formation, then in the last 2 or 3 games previous. And it showed. Right from the off we peppered the Derry defence and Sami, one of our oldest players received a ball from Zayed, with his back to the goal, turned and held of the defender and struck home a great strike to give the Drogs the lead. We had numerous chances throughout the 1st half and we started the 2nd half in the same manner. Derry made a double substitution and they came more into the game and had a couple of weak chances with Dan our keeper making a couple of good saves. It finished 1:0 to the Drogs, which made the trip home more enjoyable.

That result on Friday Night means, that if we win tonight against Bray (at home, United Park) we will go top of the league by a point. We have two players coming back from suspension (Graham Gartland, central defender and Shane Robinson, Left winger) and O'Keeffe (who came on with 10mins left on Friday) is getting closer to match fitness each day. So the injury crisis has eased a bit and we should a few more back for the UFEA Cup game in July.

So 3pts is a must tonight.

C'mon the Claret & Blue.

#1 Drog
27.06.2007, 04:09
Well the good news is that tonight, Drogheda beat Bray Wanderers 4-1!

James Keddy scored a free-kick on 4 minutes to start us off, and Graham Gartland, Gavin Whelan and Sami Ristilla scored the rest.

We performed excellently tonight, miles better than the last few weeks. In particular Sami Risitla who had an amazing game, pity Paul Doolin kept him on the bench for so much of the season.

We now look forward to the UEFA Cup draw on Friday, and hope we get an easy (enough) team! :D

Forza Claret And Blue
:D

Tunga
27.06.2007, 04:16
Good news :)

As far as I remember, you have made to the 2nd elimination round last year. This year we would like to watch Drogheda's UEFA Cup group matches.

Why not?

:meşale2::bmn2:Claret and Blue Forever :bmn2::meşale2:

#1 Drog
27.06.2007, 14:58
And I forgot to mention, we arw noe top of the lague!! :D

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/images/236-01.gif

Gamze
27.06.2007, 15:02
:meşale2: Congratulations Drogheda :alkış: :meşale2:

Murat'
27.06.2007, 15:02
I hope you will win the league.........

Burçak
27.06.2007, 16:42
Congratulations Drog ;)

Cabri61
27.06.2007, 23:42
Congratulations Drogheda.i hope it will continue.

#1 Drog
29.06.2007, 15:14
Well the UEFA Cup draw was this morning, for which we were seeded.

We were drawn to play Libertas of San Marino:yattara:

We were drawn to play at home in the first le, however St. Patricks Athletic were draw at home too, and we play our UEFA Cup games in Dalymount PArk, Dublin, and UEFA don't let two European games in the same city in the same week.

Tunga
29.06.2007, 15:18
Relatively an easy match for Drogs. Good luck on your recent matches.

Bayramm61
03.07.2007, 02:05
hey, what happens with the match agains galway united ???

Drogster
04.07.2007, 00:13
Hi Folks

The Galway game had to be postponed due to a waterlogged pitch. 1st time in years this has happened in United Park.:confused:

We had 4 or 5 torrential rain showers during the day, the last of which was 1 hour before kick-off, Ref deemed the pitch unplayable.

It has been re-arranged for the 10th July.

We are playing UCD, a college team from Dublin, on Friday night. Hopefully we can come home with the 3pts. If we play like we did in our last two games, we should.

C'mon the Claret & Blue

Burçak
06.07.2007, 01:34
hey Martin,
I dont see long time you..
where r u ?
My msn always open :)

cınar#7
06.07.2007, 20:48
Well the UEFA Cup draw was this morning, for which we were seeded.

We were drawn to play Libertas of San Marino:yattara:
Your job is too easy...:)

I hope Drogheda win:dansmuz:

#1 Drog
06.07.2007, 21:50
We're currently playing UCD in Dublin.

If your English is any good you can listen online at www.rte.ie

And this page should refresh automatically:

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/images/222-01.gif

Our new signing Jason Tambouras starts his first game tonight. :)

Forza Drogs!

Halit Aydın
06.07.2007, 21:56
Good luck Drogheda United! Forza Claret n Blue :atki:

zafer6161
06.07.2007, 23:07
hey Martin,
I dont see long time you..
where r u ?
My msn always open :)

burçi kafana dank you,that yes:D
dester cafe nodvas masie:p
that Iloves şişt nout:rolleyes:
neriy vastırn post gost;)
piares level yenta no no :(
surinte mac :tsmeşale:
burçi dont dont cou:mad:
hastır :D

Tunga
06.07.2007, 23:37
:tsbayrak::tsbayrak::tsbayrak::tsbayrak:

:tsbayrak::tsbayrak::tsbayrak::tsbayrak:

I am listening the radio and it seems although it is an away match, lots of Drogs there:)

Last minute goal and 1-0 Drogs win!